i bought some harvester scorpions to try, anyone have experiance on deer?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john 800

Reaction score
I have some harvester scorpions to try out, 300 gr. anyone have experiance with them on whitails? i am running them at max speed with bh 209 and shots are out to about 100 yds

The PT Gold is an excellent bullet especially at that price point. You will get great performance from them.

Greg

Good bullet. I shot an eight point last year with it. Deer only went about 25 yards. Found the bullet under the skin on opposite side. Mushroomed real nice.

rangerod, what weight were you using? i have switched to 300s hoping to get an exit wound. our muzzloader season starts saturday and i have it sighted in with 300 xtps, so that is what i will hunt with, i probobly wont have time to test them this year. i am curious how they will work though

I was using the 300 grn. I tried the 260 also but the 300 shot the best. The deer I shot was quartering away. I think maybe that's why there was no exit. I'm think the 300 is a great bullet that you can't go wrong with. They get great penetration.

I shot the Scorpion out of my LHR Redemption. Which also shoots the 300 xtp very well. Group size was identical. Poi was just a little different. 110 grns black horn.

Back