Questions about Remington Sabots

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vpsalin

Reaction score
I just bought a pack of remington accutip sabots and I just realized that these are designed for the 700 ultimate muzzleloader with 200grains of powder. How can they fair in my CVA Wolf w. 100grains of powder? Should I return them?
51W770Zz6lL._SS400_.jpg

Only way to no is try. you should be fine using them I think the bullets or barnes and the sabots or harvester.

Sabots are MMP last time i checked. They are made by MMP only for Remington. Im not sure about the loaded OD but they might be very tight in a Wolf.

Do you have any calipers?

Yes. Im getting precisely 0.502'' on the Remington sabot. I've also shot the Barnes TMZ 250 with yellow sabot and its very difficult to load down the barrel, it measures precisely 0.506''.

vpsalin said:
Yes. Im getting precisely 0.502'' on the Remington sabot. I've also shot the Barnes TMZ 250 with yellow sabot and its very difficult to load down the barrel, it measures precisely 0.506''.

The T-EZ Barnes will load easier.

Harvester sells a boattail sabot for the TMZ, the yellow crushed rib.

my bag about the sabots but .502 should work in the wolf my optima is .5005 that's what I resize the Thors to.

TEZ 250 measures 503. Yellow crush rib for bt didn't help the fit on the tmz. It fit about the same as supplied sabot. I couldn't get the tmz to fit in any of my guns.

It would seem that the remington accutip is promising afterall at 0.502, no? Not only that, but locally, theyre 20% cheaper then the regular barnes offerings. Ive read that the accutip sabot is much stiffer then regular ones to endure the ultra-magnum 200 grain powder charge. Is a stiff sabot a plus or a handicap for a pedestrian 100gr powder charge you think?

vpsalin said:

I have a lot of Barnes TMZ/Harvester crush ribs with the same measurements and after a couple shots they are nearly impossible to seat in my Triumph.

I shot three groups with these bullets finally.

I used the yellow barnes to zero the rifle at 50yards. I adjusted the scope until it was zeroed 2 inches high at 50.

I then moved two targets back to 100 yards.

The yellow barnes turned out a GREAT group, two shots exactly 1 inch appart. The only problem is that, contrary to the 50 yard zero, the two shots were far to the right at 100yards. About 3 inches right and 3 inches high. That's not where I expected the group to be on the paper.

Then the green remingtons shot DEAD ON at 100 but the group was twice that of the yellow barnes. two inch group, 1.5 inches right above point of aim.

Bringing this back from the dead.

I had a friend buy an ULTIMATE muzzeloader and it came with a pack of 250 grain accutips with the green sabot. He is shooting parker match hunters so he gave them to me.

I tried them in my regular 700 ml with the 26"barrel, hunter bolt nose. 78 grains of bh209 by weight. Once I got it sighted in I shot a 3 shot group at 100 yards. first 2 went through the same hole and the third was 4"low and left. May have been me. I was out of powder to shoot another.

I got home and got to researching and seen they were "for the ultimate muzzeloader only" so I started looking and found this thread.

They loaded with what I consider to be ok pressure. I had to put my t-shirt over my hand to keep the ram rod from hurting me so they are not too loose by any means. They show good potential. Anyone else shooting these in a non ultimate application?

Back