Knight LK-93

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use RWS 1075 caps. They are hot and as midge tighter than most others. I have used Winchester caps also, and while not quite as snug, they seemed to work fine. The Knight red hot nipple is great, most caps fit well. (assuming that is what you have) You could try and rough up the outside nipple surface with some sand paper and see if the cci's grip better. Find the RWS and you'll be gtg.

One of my local shops carries them. My guess is that probably any shop can order them from a supplier/wholesaler. You don't want to order them due to hazmat fee. Where I live they are a couple dollars more per tin than the other caps.

Maybe there is someone here who lives in your general area can point you to a source.

The Winchester Magnum #11 caps work excellent in the LK rifle. They are the same thing as a CCI Magnum #11. Not to be confused with the CCI standard cap. Those do not work very well. One thing you might discover with the Dynamite Noble RWS 1075 caps ... on some nipples they fit VERY TIGHT and sometimes you will find the rifle setting the cap with the first hit of the striker/plunger.

Gun has original open sights. Intend to leave it that way and maybe use as a brush gun. Testing starts as soon as weather permits. Ffg Triple 7 maybe 90-100 grns. I have some 250 bloodlines in supplied sabot I thought I would try. I'm wondering about sighting the gun to shoot a little high. Aiming a little low so as not to obscure poi. Is this a good idea?

rangerod said:
Gun has original open sights. Intend to leave it that way and maybe use as a brush gun. Testing starts as soon as weather permits. Ffg Triple 7 maybe 90-100 grns. I have some 250 bloodlines in supplied sabot I thought I would try. I'm wondering about sighting the gun to shoot a little high. Aiming a little low so as not to obscure poi. Is this a good idea?

I shoot a 6 o'clock hold with open sights. So the projectile if you can picture lands right on or a little higher then where the front sight ends. That way I can see what I am shooting and where I am placing my shot. I sight most my rifles in for 35-50 yards as where I hunt, I have had only one shot 50 yards. Most were 35 and under. So I think its a great idea. As long as you remember where that bullet will hit.

rangerod said:
Thanks. I thought it would be a good way to sight in. As for the bloodlines. Anyone with experience shooting out of a plunger gun?

I tried them in one of my MK-85, with 100gr pyrodex. They shot quite well.
Agree, if you leave it open sights...go 6 o'clock hold. It gives a better sight picture for sure, and out past 50yds you can actually aim at something without covering it up :mrgreen:

cayuga said:
rangerod said:

I shoot a 6 o'clock hold with open sights. So the projectile if you can picture lands right on or a little higher then where the front sight ends. That way I can see what I am shooting and where I am placing my shot. I sight most my rifles in for 35-50 yards as where I hunt, I have had only one shot 50 yards. Most were 35 and under. So I think its a great idea. As long as you remember where that bullet will hit.

I assume that you have a bead style front sight post of the rifles in question. I shoot a squared front post on my open sight rifles. This way I can bisect the target with the post. This is the way I was taught to get a proper sight picture when I was in the Marine a Corps. It just seems natural to me. If you want to try it, you can find squared front post sights from XS Sights.

Another thought to consider, if you set up for a six o'clock hold your point of aim will only be correct when sighting in for the correct size target. If the target is larger or smaller you bullet impact will be proportionately high or low.

Good luck with the rifle. I have enjoyed reading about it.

You are correct the front sight is a bead. I didn't know you could get a square post. I certainly will look at that. I do understand the issue of different size targets and poa. I thought to set the gun up to shoot 3-4 inches high at 100 yds. When I received this gun I was very happy with the condition. There ain't a mark on it anywhere. Bore is spotless. It has very nice bluing. Wondering if this was typical with these guns. Thanks Dutch for the front sight tip.

rangerod said:
Have odered sight you suggested from xs sights. I really think I will like it.

I have the XS Sights front and rear set on one of my MK85's. I have the XS front and a Williams FP on the rear. I like both setups a lot.

Good luck with yours. Let us know the results when you get to the range.

Got to the range today. Only shot four rounds temp 18 degrees. Fun little gun to shoot. I don't thinking I made a good choice for bullet/sabot. 185 grn Lehigh cf .400 dia. blue crush rib. 100 grns ffg Triple 7. After four rounds at 25 yds noticed that Sabots ended up right in front of the target and two of the rounds tumbled. Going to try .452 dia 250 grn xtp next time out.

Back to the range this morning with new xs sight on the gun. Never had where I didn't have to adjust the sight after installing. This is the first. Probably never again. 250 grn .452 Hornady xtp. 100 grn ffg Triple 7. Shot seven rounds. Gun cloverleafed 4 rounds at 40 yds. This is really a fun little gun to shoot. Glad now that I bought it. Next range session see why I can do with it at 100 yds. Should make a nice little brush gun.

Rangerod that is a good report. Can you post a picture of the rifle with the XS sights mounted?

If I can figure that out I will. My niece is an IT whizz. She said she will help me as soon as she can. The new xs sight is unbelievable. You were right in your comments about the front square post sight.

rangerod said:
If I can figure that out I will. My niece is an IT whizz. She said she will help me as soon as she can. The new xs sight is unbelievable. You were right in your comments about the front square post sight.
Go to the help section of this site and you see how to do it. I did it for the first I've yesterday. I am no IT guy for sure!

Back