Winter Range Observations - Super Disc

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Our antlerless deer season ends today without me having a the inclination to go after one. ( wanted to watch the Chiefs yesterday... bad idea in hindsight and too cold today ) So, I went to the range yesterday.

First, I've had a load of 90 grains BH 209, 10 mm, 200 grain Bloodline loaded on two primer pops and Lockease. It's been loaded and in the garage for 3 weeks since my last hunt. It was right on for POI which was not a surprise but good to know. Clean a whistle after cleaning BTW.

Just for fun, I brought some of Ed's 465 grain 451 conicals. I pushed them with 75 grains of T7 3F at 75 yards

I swabbed between shots 1 and 3. Strange to see the one flyer and it's way out there? I don't think I jerked it and the clean barrel for #4 had no influence?

Anyone with a 1/20 45 should have some of these in their arsenal.

i do 525 grn HP , grease groove, use black powder , swiss 2ff. This out of my 1-18 DISC EXTREME .

It's a home grown lube provided to me by Bob Bowers. If you are interested in it, provide me with your email address and I'll send it to you.

Glad to see my bullets are still shooting well for you. Your grouping is pretty typical of what I and others get with rifles from a 1-20 to 1-30 twist bbls. Also depending on what White I shoot either 70 or 75gr of 777-3F seems to work best for me as well. As soon as the weather breaks a little I'm going to some Swiss 3F. I use to shoot Swiss, but its been so long I forget what load I was using.

edmehlig said:
Glad to see my bullets are still shooting well for you. Your grouping is pretty typical of what I and others get with rifles from a 1-20 to 1-30 twist bbls. Also depending on what White I shoot either 70 or 75gr of 777-3F seems to work best for me as well. As soon as the weather breaks a little I'm going to some Swiss 3F. I use to shoot Swiss, but its been so long I forget what load I was using.

I hunted with your 465 gr. this year too, Ed and sighted in with 65 gr Swiss 3F gave me almost a duplicate of the chart Doc posts in his sight using the 460 gr. Power Punch with 90 gr Pyro P. Your bullets are awesome.

Nice report and good shooting LBud.....Ed sent me a care package with some 465's inside. Can't wait to see how they fly out of the omega and the trusty White 91. Don't know when that will be, but I'll try to post a range report. It's a brisk 24 degrees with a stiff cross wind blowing @ 20 -30mph

Latest posts

Back