What has happened?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess if you cant rise to the challenge find a way to get rid of or restrict the challengers .i think If everybody sticks together there will probably be enough to start a new muzzleloader association and organize matches . Forget the nmlra .

1874sharpsshooter said:
I guess if you cant rise to the challenge find a way to get rid of or restrict the challengers .i think If everybody sticks together there will probably be enough to start a new muzzleloader association and organize matches . Forget the nmlra .

Yes, I agree

I was floored when those buckskin boys allowed inlines into their holy mecca. Something just told me this wouldnt last.. theres something hinky here. The biggest buckskin, thread counter rendezvous in the country and the draw is about a thousand? We fit that in a bar around here when one of the local big names comes to play. I think the Jeramiah Johnson boom days are over, and no amount of Quigly reruns or new sequels is going to boost the ranks anymore. Outside a few of their kids, the numbers must be waning. Those crowds of the 70's and 80's are now the greyheads reminiscing about the good ole days. Just keep on hoarding those ranges, right up until the only ones left are the local crowd, and the great pilgrimage has moved elsewhere. Theres already several annual, and twice yearly inline venues taking root, and growing fast. That prevailing attitude on all the traditionalist forums is so open and welcoming. :stretch: I just knew it would shine through. sooner rather than later. :roll:

While im not dancing in the street over April match decision
Lets be cautious not to cut nmlra throat over this one match because it is not even happened yet.
And nationals are unchanged.. this decision is under review..
Ill say this there's more to be decided on these matters..

Nmlra is a great event and alot of great people just a ruff spot.

bestill said:
While im not dancing in the street over April match decision
Lets be cautious not to cut nmlra throat over this one match because it is not even happened yet.
And nationals are unchanged.. this decision is under review..
Ill say this there's more to be decided on these matters..

Nmlra is a great event and alot of great people just a ruff spot.

I agree.

I've been shoot'n the muzz for a long time and just I had an absolute ball last spring down there. It got me all hyped up about attending again this spring. I will tell everyone reading this.......... there are no internet snobs there. Every single person was willing to help, offer suggestions and/or explanations. Everyone.

However, this is a "RUFF SPOT" and its ruffled a lot of feathers.

There's a lot that can be challenged with this new propellant "package/bottle" rule, including no in-line load data for using Swiss or Goex. The only data you'll find, or anyone has been able to find, relates to RIFLE MANUFACTURER'S RECOMMENDATIONS.

Wow...
Having just read this whole segment it reads like the 28 gauge society....anger because someone sees their point of view being the best..
Why not take it back to the PINEWOOD DERBY DAYS....
To make this whole matter work lets look at the differnces in the method of delivery...its a projectile fired from a ml of some make that hits a piece of paper to have a total of score per hit....
NEW RULES TO BE IMPLEMENTED. ..
1...whatever ml loader you want to shoot..
2...whatever bullet set by tourney administration
3...only one primer or cap(ignition source)..set by tourney administration...
4...only one powder to be used by all...limits set by the tourney administration...
5...winners of classifications compete against each other...

GO BACK TO OLD SCHOOL...REMEMBER WHAT YOU WERE TAUGHT YOU...
...learn to shoot whatever you have in your hands...

OR...have an administrator load all weapons and shooter gets five shots for the best groups...shooters dont get to shoot the same rifle twice...

....remember...we are all just gun enthusiast...enjoying the time we have be it little or a lot...
Shooting is alot like golf..only one to blame is yourself...practice doesnt necessary make you the best...but it does make you happy happy happy...or you could go to work...

I agree with bestill, that this should not be a reflection on the NMLRA or Friendship.

There have been legitimate concerns raised by numerous shooters and not just by one or two individuals, to which there was an attempt made to address some of those concerns.

Fact and the evidence is plain.......... I did not agree with the propellant rule as written.

However there are concerns by numerous shooters and the NMLRA that do exist. What may have been brought forward and was posted here, could have been a little premature at a first attempt and/or may still be subject to change or modification?

There's been a lot of background conversations concerning this issue and an additional issue. At the moment, I don't necessarily believe this is fully resolved. Even if it is fully resolved, will everyone be happy? You could put 10 people in a line, hand each one a $100 bill and someone would complain that he was last to get his $100 or that his bill was wrinkled. I'll be looking to see how this all pans out.

ENCORE50A said:
There's been a lot of background conversations concerning this issue and an additional issue.

Curious..... what's the other issue?

Upper Hand said:
ENCORE50A said:
There's been a lot of background conversations concerning this issue and an additional issue.

It's a shame the NMLRA sounds like it has a lot of issues right now. And it all stems around jealousy and nothing to do with safety. Hopefully they do something about it real soon so the April shoot can go on as usual.

Grouse said:
Upper Hand said:
ENCORE50A said:

It's a shame the NMLRA sounds like it has a lot of issues right now. And it all stems around jealousy and nothing to do with safety. Hopefully they do something about it real soon so the April shoot can go on as usual.

Grouse, I'm not sure you're correct about "it all stems around jealousy". I think some are trying to make it a jealousy issue as a reason, and as for the NMLRA, it doesn't have a lot of issues that I'm aware of. Are you a member of the NMLRA??? Do you know something that the other members do not know??? Care to elaborate about all the "lot of issues"?
I have a feeling that what you think you know, you've read right here. And here, its been a single issue that isn't completely resolved.

ENCORE50A said:
Grouse, I'm not sure you're correct about "it all stems around jealousy". I think some are trying to make it a jealousy issue as a reason, and as for the NMLRA, it doesn't have a lot of issues that I'm aware of. Are you a member of the NMLRA??? Do you know something that the other members do not know??? Care to elaborate about all the "lot of issues"?
I have a feeling that what you think you know, you've read right here. And here, its been a single issue that isn't completely resolved.

Encore50,
You should start by answering the question that was asked to you first. As far as me it's very simple. Me and two other members of this forum were talking about attending the shoot some day. But after watching how it's handled, I've lost total interest to be honest. And even without all the gossip it still doesn't really interest me anyway. I was under the understanding that 52bore and fivebull were people who are in charge of things at the shoot. Exactly what I'm not sure. But you don't come on a forum posting changes to something when the NMLRA doesn't even know about. (That's obvious by the flyers, and I couldnt find anything about changes on the website either) Then your posting flyers of this springs shoot with no changes on it as well. I'm hoping someone before Aprils shoot fixes the mess that's been created by a couple people on this board. And if I was a member of the association I would get someone high up to view what's going on on this board and have them address it. I must know a little bit more about the association then you do if you really don't know why this is going on. But that's irrelevant, I hope somebody gets it fixed pretty soon for the sake of the sport and the shoot.

Grouse said:
ENCORE50A said:

Encore50,
You should start by answering the question that was asked to you first. As far as me it's very simple. Me and two other members of this forum were talking about attending the shoot some day. But after watching how it's handled, I've lost total interest to be honest. And even without all the gossip it still doesn't really interest me anyway. I was under the understanding that 52bore and fivebull were people who are in charge of things at the shoot. Exactly what I'm not sure. But you don't come on a forum posting changes to something when the NMLRA doesn't even know about. (That's obvious by the flyers, and I couldnt find anything about changes on the website either) Then your posting flyers of this springs shoot with no changes on it as well. I'm hoping someone before Aprils shoot fixes the mess that's been created by a couple people on this board. And if I was a member of the association I would get someone high up to view what's going on on this board and have them address it. I must know a little bit more about the association then you do if you really don't know why this is going on. But that's irrelevant, I hope somebody gets it fixed pretty soon for the sake of the sport and the shoot.

As someone who isn't interested in attending any more and lost total interest, it seems you're still inquisitive. ;) The other issue was brought forward by many shooters in the past and it was related to the muzzle blast from tactical brakes. The issue has been resolved to my understanding. Those who may be using a tactical muzzle brake will be moved down the line. Simple fix, where nothing is banned or restricted. Easy :)
I will say this, if you like shooting muzzleloaders and don't make a shoot, you're only shorting yourselves. There's a lot of fun at the shoot.

As far as the main issue of propellants or maximum used, I believe that issue was just resolved less than an hour ago (my current local time now: 3:42pm). Rather it matters or not, I was part of the conversation with the Director of the NMLRA today, as had bestill had also had previous conversations with them. I believe the issue is resolved by the Directors. A new flyer will come out indicating any changes in the near future.

The NMLRA shouldn't have received some of the comments it received, nor should anyone working with or for the NMLRA. Is there any other organization speaking for muzzleloader shooters? This shouldn't have made it to the level it is, but its being resolved.

ENCORE50A said:
Grouse said:
ENCORE50A said:

Encore50,

As someone who isn't interested in attending any more and lost total interest, it seems you're still inquisitive. ;) The other issue was brought forward by many shooters in the past and it was related to the muzzle blast from tactical brakes. The issue has been resolved to my understanding. Those who may be using a tactical muzzle brake will be moved down the line. Simple fix, where nothing is banned or restricted. Easy :)
I will say this, if you like shooting muzzleloaders and don't make a shoot, you're only shorting yourselves. There's a lot of fun at the shoot.

As far as the main issue of propellants or maximum used, I believe that issue was just resolved less than an hour ago (my current local time now: 3:42pm). Rather it matters or not, I was part of the conversation with the Director of the NMLRA today, as had bestill had also had previous conversations with them. I believe the issue is resolved by the Directors. A new flyer will come out indicating any changes in the near future.

The NMLRA shouldn't have received some of the comments it received, nor should anyone working with or for the NMLRA. Is there any other organization speaking for muzzleloader shooters? This shouldn't have made it to the level it is, but its being resolved.
So in plain English someone complained about Bestill gunners having a muzzlebreak cause it was to loud . I think we understand now . And #2 someone didnt like the fact that with 95 gr by weight of blackhorn a person could shoot a sabotless bullet 500 yards with only 15 moa .

ENCORE50A said:

Im heavily into what happens here because of the sport. I hope your right about everything being resolved but that will be a matter of opinion. If I was you I would quit posting anything till it is and provide accurate information instead of sticking up for stupidity. :wink: Sorry but many others feel the same and that has nothing to do with you personally as far as I know.

Back