What has happened?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe they complained about bestill using remington 700 actions at one point in time as well. I wonder if there has been any complaints about the Ultimate muzzleloaders that other shooters use?

Grouse said:
ENCORE50A said:
As someone who isn't interested in attending any more and lost total interest, it seems you're still inquisitive. ;) The other issue was brought forward by many shooters in the past and it was related to the muzzle blast from tactical brakes. The issue has been resolved to my understanding. Those who may be using a tactical muzzle brake will be moved down the line. Simple fix, where nothing is banned or restricted. Easy :)
I will say this, if you like shooting muzzleloaders and don't make a shoot, you're only shorting yourselves. There's a lot of fun at the shoot.

As far as the main issue of propellants or maximum used, I believe that issue was just resolved less than an hour ago (my current local time now: 3:42pm). Rather it matters or not, I was part of the conversation with the Director of the NMLRA today, as had bestill had also had previous conversations with them. I believe the issue is resolved by the Directors. A new flyer will come out indicating any changes in the near future.

The NMLRA shouldn't have received some of the comments it received, nor should anyone working with or for the NMLRA. Is there any other organization speaking for muzzleloader shooters? This shouldn't have made it to the level it is, but its being resolved.

Im heavily into what happens here because of the sport. I hope your right about everything being resolved but that will be a matter of opinion. If I was you I would quit posting anything till it is and provide accurate information instead of sticking up for stupidity. :wink: Sorry but many others feel the same and that has nothing to do with you personally as far as I know.

:) It wouldn't bother me in the least. I can out shoot em'all :poke:

Here's the bottom line,.. There's no possible way to please everyone. Its not going to happen and certainly not on the internet. I don't expect it to please everyone. To think that things will be perfect, one must have swallowed a "stupid grenade". For the record..... the first flyer and information I posted was accurate. It was the additional propellant rule, that I also firmly disagreed with, that came up after the first accurate flyer.

Something is seriously wrong if changes can be made after a flyer promoting the event has been distributed . Once its promoted changes like powder ,etc affecting shooters shouldn't be allowed to be put in effect on that short of notice . Seems more like someone with an agenda . Either way it made me lose interest in going. I dont have time for all the trivial childish games of the embiciles who are working so hard to impmement their little pet peeves into "rules"
I was looking forward to going with the omega "bestill " built for me . Now i instead have a bad taste in my mouth with whats going on . In my book it is summed up in one word "IGNORANCE"

Encore50,
I know you shoot good but you can't compete with them. The sabot is gonna hurt you especially in the time trials. It's to warm in April in most cases to shoot 5plus shots with a sabot fast if you know how it works. I'm going to start playing around with sizing bullets and some sabot less as well. But I'm sure the more I play around the more I understand it. I'm glad I got Bestill making me a ML. I like those guys that are always in the spotlight. I gotta thanks Chet for telling me about that. The next build he does for me I might just go after the Hankins boys. :D :D :D :D :D

1874sharpsshooter said:
Something is seriously wrong if changes can be made after a flyer promoting the event has been distributed . Once its promoted changes like powder ,etc affecting shooters shouldn't be allowed to be put in effect on that short of notice . Seems more like someone with an agenda . Either way it made me lose interest in going. I dont have time for all the trivial childish games of the embiciles who are working so hard to impmement their little pet peeves into "rules"
I was looking forward to going with the omega "bestill " built for me . Now i instead have a bad taste in my mouth with whats going on . In my book it is summed up in one word "IGNORANCE"

Not sure what the new results are or will be. But when you have the wrong people in certain positions it very common. Usually good organizations/companies correct those issues and maybe they will.

Grouse said:
Encore50,
I know you shoot good but you can't compete with them. The sabot is gonna hurt you especially in the time trials. It's to warm in April in most cases to shoot 5plus shots with a sabot fast if you know how it works. I'm going to start playing around with sizing bullets and some sabot less as well. But I'm sure the more I play around the more I understand it. I'm glad I got Bestill making me a ML. I like those guys that are always in the spotlight. I gotta thanks Chet for telling me about that. The next build he does for me I might just go after the Hankins boys. :D :D :D :D :D

Well an Ultimate took the match title 2 years ago. No reason one can't take it again. See the difference is, I'm going to try ;)

ENCORE50A said:
Grouse said:
Encore50,

Well an Ultimate took the match title 2 years ago. No reason one can't take it again. See the difference is, I'm going to try ;)
Thats interesting because in the thread on the spring match you said " it's BS and you would not be attending . Thats an interesting Change of mind

1874sharpsshooter said:
ENCORE50A said:
Grouse said:
Encore50,

Thats interesting because in the thread on the spring match you said " it's BS and you would not be attending . Thats an interesting Change of mind

OMG! How right you are :goodman: I would/will not attend under the changed propellant rule as it written.

Latest posts

Back