Re: A little Knight Timney Trigger Rant

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smyrnagc

Administrator
Staff member
ADMIN
Global Moderator
Supporting member
Reaction score
This was posted by Squeeze on another thread:

Heres another Knight rant. Ive been trying to get left hand knight triggers to convert a few rifles. (still right action, just left trigger safety) Knight claims they cant get them when I try to order from them, not even willing to put it on backorder. Timney wont even acknowledge a Knight trigger at all (even though I have some knight rifles with a clearly marked Timney, Knight now uses a knockoff (Someone in the timney camp, moonlighting basically)
s-l1600.jpg
Knight bolt trigger
209-F-SO-3A3.png
Timney springfield (featherweight deluxe has safety)
s-l1600.jpg
Knight plunger
301-FD-M98FN.png
Timney Mouser featherweight

A little file work on the pin holes and im betting its a match

DSC00467_zps3b7803bc.jpg
:think: :think:
Knight trigger $250, Timney trigger $110... :think:

Bottom pic looks like the Allen plunger action. The trigger in my Ridgerunner is very similar to the Knight also. Its not as adjustable as the Timney. Comparing it to a Knight/Timney it mostly looked like the sear just sits a tad lower. I was thinking about just getting a Trigger somewhere and swapping the Sear, but have not got around to it. :roll: There was a kit for a safety swap at one time for a trigger but forget who had them at the moment. :think:

halloflin said:
This was posted by Squeeze on another thread:

Heres another Knight rant. Ive been trying to get left hand knight triggers to convert a few rifles. (still right action, just left trigger safety) Knight claims they cant get them when I try to order from them, not even willing to put it on backorder. Timney wont even acknowledge a Knight trigger at all (even though I have some knight rifles with a clearly marked Timney, Knight now uses a knockoff (Someone in the timney camp, moonlighting basically)
s-l1600.jpg
Knight bolt trigger
209-F-SO-3A3.png
Timney springfield (featherweight deluxe has safety)
s-l1600.jpg
Knight plunger
301-FD-M98FN.png
Timney Mouser featherweight

A little file work on the pin holes and im betting its a match

DSC00467_zps3b7803bc.jpg
:think: :think:
Knight trigger $250, Timney trigger $110... :think:

One thing to think about Hal... if the trigger does not say Timney on it - It is not a Timney. It is a contract trigger built for Knight under contract and they are responsible for it. Timney does not recognize the look alike Knight triggers.

I guess sometimes I just have to vent. Knight is still my favorite rifle. I cant get either in left safety anyway. but if I ever do need a new knight trigger, I will try to modify a timney to fit. if it fails, I'll just take the loss

"One thing to think about Hal... if the trigger does not say Timney on it - It is not a Timney. It is a contract trigger built for Knight under contract and they are responsible for it. Timney does not recognize the look alike Knight triggers."

This was posted by Squeeze...

Back