What custom build would you like?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grouse

LIFETIME SUPPORTER
Supporting member
Reaction score
I already have a 50cal NULA. I had a 45 custom Flintlock in 1/20 twist made last year. Now I'm getting a knight Elite custom 45 1/20 being made for me. It's going to have a Brux contoured barrel and a new breech plug with a Tungsten carbide bushing installed in it. It's also going to be put in one of the Knight carbonite stocks. I'm not sure if they ever sold them but they are nice. This gun will also be rated for smokeless if I feel like doing something different.

Custom Poor Boy .50 caplock with crotch walnut stock w/crazy grain, Colerain barrel cut to 32-36 in.,Siler or Queen Annes lock,Davis triggers, silver trim and a set of custom adjustable sights cause my eyes suck..

I would go with something like the GRRW Hawken in 54 cal percussion , curly maple stock with cheek piece , colerain gain twist barrel , siler lock, single set trigger , vernier peep on the tang , globe front sight with lee shaver inserts . German silver trim .

I have a bare omega action that someday when the funds allow I'm going to have someone build me a .45 smokeless like a few guys have posted about here.
Then someday I want to do my own .54 flintlock kit.

My next one will be off a rem ultmate action. either a brux or krieger .45 with an arrowhead plug. I looked into the HIS system, but eventually decided to stay with bare 209.
Somewhere on the bucket list is a Swinglock

Squeeze,
So what bolt you going to use on ultimate conversion?

It isnt totally planned. probably the CMC, about the only one I know of (Kash)
But.... that one is kind of debatable.. I have a couple of sav-pac's and really dont need another 10#+ rifle. when/ if I do start the collection for one, ill probably sell a savage, and some others. Storage is getting to be a hassle, and I have too many that dont get used

Latest posts

Back