Traditions Nitride Pursuit

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCDon

Reaction score
Hello to all. First time post.

I have owned a 50cal Optima for a bunch of years. The inside of the barrel has pitted so I decided to upgrade. A couple of my friends liked their Traditions so I thought I'd give one a try.

I ordered Tradition's new Nitride Pursuit model R749246NS from Muzzle-Loaders.com for $318 and a Bushnell Legend 3x9x40 DOA from B&H for $144. I recieved the scope a couple of weeks ago and yesterday received notification that the Nitride Pursuit is on the way. To say the least - I'm excited. I love the feel of a new gun!

I'm looking forward to learning more about in-line muzzleloading so I thought I'd go where the action is - here.

Congratulations on your new purchase. Can't wait to see your range results with your new ML. I have the CVA MR in Nitride and so far I like it.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new gun. This is a great place to be for a Newbie. Lots of good advice. These guys have helped me tremendously.

Congrats on the new gun and welcome! I also have a Optima V2 with nitride barrel and have shot it some, but hope to do more this spring to finalize the load. The nitride is supposed to be rust/pit proof, it maybe, but don't use that as a excuse not to clean your rifle. A muzzleloader has to be cleaned as soon as possible after shooting. I have never had one corrode/pit on me, hope I never do, just take your time, have fun and clean thoroughly afterwards and you won't need another gun, unless you catch the ML bug...

New gun day is the best!

Still working on my loads. So far 90gr 777 with 250gr shockwaves is it but cant seem to find that sabot anymore. Ive got the Vortek Strikerfire with a Vortex Diamondback HP mounted. Love it :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

I shoot .270 grains Federal B.O.R. Lock bullets over 100 grs BH 209, with CCI 209 shotshell primers and from the bench have achieved cloverleafs @ 100yds . Great results on deer so far.

Ramrod1 said:
I shoot .270 grains Federal B.O.R. Lock bullets over 100 grs BH 209, with CCI 209 shotshell primers and from the bench have achieved cloverleafs @ 100yds . Great results on deer so far.

Blackhorn recommends a hotter primer. Here's (3)
Federal 209A
CCIMagnum
Winchester 209

I have owned 3 Traditions ML, the last one a Vortec. None of them would hold groups. I also went through the pellet craze and decided that anyone that used the 777 was cra.....ZY! Best thing I did was buy a new CVA Accura and Blackhorn 209!

Back