Talley lightweight 1pc ring/base

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with these? I've heard pretty good things. Was thinking of trying a set on one of my Disc rifles.
With a 40mm scope, can I use low? Is there a chart somewhere to help with sizing on these?

WV Hunter said:
Anyone have experience with these? I've heard pretty good things. Was thinking of trying a set on one of my Disc rifles.
With a 40mm scope, can I use low? Is there a chart somewhere to help with sizing on these?

I think they are really good myself. I use them on my NULA. I'm pretty sure low is no problem but I would make sure.

Looks like they list them on Tallys website. I didn't see DISC specific but didn't look too hard either.

Carlos had DNZ make a mount for one of his DISC's and paid the fees for a custom mount. They now offer them for sale. I don't know the exact price but but if you call Carlos at Eds Gun Shop you will get the best price shipped. The DNZ mount on my DISC is a medium and the scope is a VXII 40mm adj objective. Primer insertion and removal is simple as you can see the cut out in the base.

There all I use now on my rifles since trying them about 10 years ago. Unless I need quick detach rings on a gun I will use talleys.
I think you'd be ok with lows. If I'm unsure I just email them and there good to reply in a day or so.

I have bought several DNZ mounts for some of my guns. If I remember correctly there was distance given from the top of the barrel to the ring centerline. If that distance is greater than 1/2 of objective diameter you are good to go. Whether Talley gives the same measurement I just don't know.

Omega45 said:
Looks like they list them on Tallys website. I didn't see DISC specific but didn't look too hard either.

Carlos had DNZ make a mount for one of his DISC's and paid the fees for a custom mount. They now offer them for sale. I don't know the exact price but but if you call Carlos at Eds Gun Shop you will get the best price shipped. The DNZ mount on my DISC is a medium and the scope is a VXII 40mm adj objective. Primer insertion and removal is simple as you can see the cut out in the base.

Do you see the rear sight in the scope?

Omega45 said:

I love that stock! I wish I could find that exact pattern. I think you told me what pattern it was one time...but I haven't been able to find it anywhere. Everything I've seen that is similar has much more green in it. Maybe you should just sell it to me :mrgreen:

Thanks for the info guys. I'll check with Talley, sounds like the low's might work fine.

Latest posts

Back