.32 caliber inline

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Upper Hand said:
Squeeze said:
who was that? that made the .45 with a knight bolt/plug from a barrel blank, just machined the action in. That would be awesome with a nice stainless tapered barrel

I believe the rifle you're talking about was made by 52Bore for 45cal

I think your right. It was an octagon, all the way through. Man, Many times I wish I invested in machine tools, what I have in carpentry stuff...

I bought a mill this fall and am about to buy a lathe for the same purpose. Possibilities are endless and there is no shortage of donor actions since people can't seem to keep their bores clean.

Finding a donor can be a little hard unless they are in hand. A lot I look at are real bad and if they are close to salvageable they think they are worth more than I care to pay. I think $40 - $50 should buy a decent shape junk bore gun but they don't want to part it out and clean the parts up to sell but want the money they see people are asking for parts of guns in better shape. Stinks

The not finding a donor is why I'm going the new Ridge Runner route on a 32.

Yea good ones can make a build pricy but I guess it comes down the how bad you want one and how quick too. A long as your heart is not set on a Bolt or Break action it is hard to beat the cost of the build using a Ridge Runner Plunger rifle. It is new and a solid action even though it is a tad heavy. It can use a little clean up using some taps but other than that it works great. It will work as is but I can be a little picky so I cleaned all the holes up in mine. I have no regrets building mine on one. Did you decide on the Taper dimensions yet?

Not yet, yours was 7/8 to .7 at 26" and it was supposed to be .7 at 24" right? Then it 8lb 6oz or some where around that right.

I really don't see why over 22" is needed with a scope. I need to run some numbers. I hope to finalize it this week.

pupsdad said:
Not yet, yours was 7/8 to .7 at 26" and it was supposed to be .7 at 24" right?
Muzzle dia was .730 at .26" and requested .700 at 24".

Then it 8lb 6oz or some where around that right

Yes, but that does include the bases, rings, and Leupold 4x12x40 AO too.

pupsdad said:
I really don't see why over 22" is needed with a scope. I need to run some numbers. I hope to finalize it this week.
I would not make it over 22 either next time and get the Muzzle diameter down, to about .650 or there bouts.

I was sort of aiming for the same dimensions of the GMB 32 but it got messed up a bit. The GMB is .700 @ 21 1/2". Don't recall why I picked 24". :roll:

TC made the System 1 with .32/. 50/12 gauge barrels held by set screw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I posted this before it all got wiped out.

Would it be possible for someone with the skills (like bestill and others) to take a relatively simple design like the CVA wolf / optima and put a .32 barrel on it? If so, that would make for a relatively compact, light and simple ml. I have no clue what all is involved, or how much such a swap would cost if it is possible. Of course I know that for the right amount of $ just about anything can be done...just brainstorming on something that might be cost effective even when being done custom. A wolf can be had super cheap, even new.

Saw an old Stevens falling block .22 turned .32 ml by replacing barrel. The Ithica 49 comes to mind. Chang barrel & done [emoji736]

Marathon built a few using a 22lr rifle too. I was lucky enough to get one still in Kit form and was still new old stock. Will be a while before I get it done though. Neat thing so far about it is that it weighs less than 5lb. I have seen a few on Gunbroker but some can be quite rough. The Action seems to be very similar to a Remington 514. The Slender 22lr barrel also helps keep the weight down.

Plan to call Joe Friday talk it over once then send him what we talk over. 1-30 twist 7/8 to .7 at 22". When we talked at first he said we need to change breech plug to a knight he said he had it so that should not slow it down. I do need to ask if the bp he's using can take a #11 nipple. Confirm amount and pay him how ever he wants the money. Hope to have it soon.

I wonder if Doc White would be interested in building a 32 on something like a M97 action?
Whitetailsideclosessblk-1024x579.jpg

GM54-120 said:
I wonder if Doc White would be interested in building a 32 on something like a M97 action?
Whitetailsideclosessblk-1024x579.jpg
I don't think he has access to enough parts for this.

pupsdad said:
Plan to call Joe Friday talk it over once then send him what we talk over. 1-30 twist 7/8 to .7 at 22". When we talked at first he said we need to change breech plug to a knight he said he had it so that should not slow it down. I do need to ask if the bp he's using can take a #11 nipple. Confirm amount and pay him how ever he wants the money. Hope to have it soon.
Not sure why he would change to a Knight BP. :huh?: The one that was in the rifle originally seems to work fine. The original came with a 209 Module screwed into it. Just unscrew it and screw in a 1/4"x28 #11 nipple, that simple. I use the Knight Red Hot in mine. You can see the 209 module next to the BP in this picture. I even use a Knight Slotted tool to remove the BP.

Don't know if mine is where you got the idea to use a Ridgerunner or not, but here is a link to my build and has lots of pics.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=27208&p=209575&hilit=Ridge+runner#p209575

Well I have had a change in plans. I found a donor rifle, Traditions thunderbolt. But it's a 1-20 45 so it is a little rough but it looks good enough to shoot and maybe keep. Don't want to destroy any 1-20 45 just for a 32 I can get another way. This rifle would make a great light weight squirrel gun. The barrel is pressed in and has a set screw securing it on the bottom. So if it turns out that this one shoots I'll keep it and find a 50 to cut up.

Attachments

• IMAG0298-1075x608.jpg
    IMAG0298-1075x608.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 282
Back