.32 caliber inline

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Magnum said:
Regarding the Loctite... I've had screws that wouldn't break free before because of it and I applied heat to the head of the screws with a large electric,copper tipped soldering iron and it softened the loctite to easily back out the screws.
Magnum
Yup, Depends on the type. Red needs heat to remove. Blue, Purple and green can usually be broke lose with hand tools. I think that the Model 7 had red but the Kroil managed to creep in and dissolve it. The 700 I have it did not. it will take heat or a lathe, but have not tried to break it loose since then. Just hate to put heat to the action.

I have posted a few photos of some of the in-lines we make under the title South African made in-lines.

We started making them because at the time my children were still young and I wanted a small, child friendly size, muzzleloader that was the same as my full size in-lines. I guess you could say they are similar in weight and feel as a light .22 LR we made them in .32, .36 and .45. The .32 was made to shoot a patched ball, the .36 and .45 were designed to shoot a slip fit (sized) lead handgun bullet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CraigK said:
I have posted a few photos of some of the in-lines we make under the title South African made in-lines.

We started making them because at the time my children were still young and I wanted a small, child friendly size, muzzleloader that was the same as my full size in-lines. I guess you could say they are similar in weight and feel as a light .22 LR we made them in .32, .36 and .45. The .32 was made to shoot a patched ball, the .36 and .45 were designed to shoot a slip fit (sized) lead handgun bullet.

Nice rifles, real nice wood, clean design, I contemplated making an action, I would still be designing and building trials, probably end up with a bunch of tooling id never use again.

Shilen has 32 muzzle loader barrels listed. Twist's are 14 and 16 I'm guessing they are thinking bullets with those twists. They also list 38, 40 and 45 1-20 twist. I have the 1-30 ordered don't want to tread on ground that's un charted.

How about a .357 barrel shooting wadcutters?

Doc White did a .357 inline for the competition, ended all competition.

fiberoptik2313 said:

Until the current inline events and the few Whites that have competed haven't done very well compared to the newer 45cals.

fiberoptik2313 said:

Doc White had nothing to do with the Barrels. The guys on the Team at Friendship had their own barrels and bullet moulds made. They also were .38 Cal. These Rifles have competed in first of new Inline Match at Friendship and didn't do well. They were shot by the original winners. I'm not saying they won't work, just fact that I know

Any suggestions on a ramrod for a 32? I saw several listed at one of the suppliers, track of the wolf I think, but I want to get it right. Anyone build a nice one from a carbon arrow shaft or something like that.

Latest posts

Back