2016 NMLRA InLine Hunter Match Results

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

52Bore

Reaction score
Here's my report of the day's events.
The match started at 10am, about the same time as the rain. It rained the entire day, not real hard except during the 200 paper and those who shot during the first relay of animals.
Participation was not as last year, there were 4 I believe that were there, but had either illness or mechanical failures that prevented them from shooting. I also heard comments about it being the first Turkey hunting weekend for IN, maybe weather.? The weather actually helped with the wind being calm.
Besides the tri-state area, shooters from Northern IN, ILL, MI, PA, VA & TN.
This year the format changed. No longer classes for rifles, this time it was shooter classification based on previous match scores - all new shooters SharpShooter.
Along with the format change, so did the awards. Top 3 in each class were awarded a plaque and only 1 medal was given for the winner of each distance. All ties were broken by #5 shot at 50 yard target, closest to center.
50 saw some tight scores as expected. I think 3 tied with 50-3x, but Jason Day took 1st with a 50-4x
100 saw a perfect score of 50-5x by Rick Weber
200 had a tie for 1st with 50-4x by Jason Day and Mark Miller. (Jason had the tie breaker at 50)
1 hour break for lunch
200M chickens, 4 cleaned the bank of 5
300M Pigs, 5 cleaned the bank.
Awards for Animals are again determined by the #5 shot at 50.

I heard there were 4 lead changes, which makes it more evident of the good shooting by many. Looking at the scores, here is where they occurred.
After:50, Jason Day 50-4x
100, Rick Weber 100-8x
200, Mark Miller and Jeff Fisk 150-9x each.
This leaves a tie going into lunch. But, Mark had Jeff by the tie breaker.
At the end, unfortunate for Mark as he missed his last Pig which opened the door for Jeff who had just been consistent all day as he cleaned all the animals (1 of 3 shooters to do so) and took home the Grand AGG Prize.
When the awards were over, I looked at my clock and it was 4:27pm.
Congrats to Jeff for his great shooting and it was good to see everyone again. Many said they were already looking forward to next year.

Attachments

• 2016 4 30 results.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 292
You can tell it rained all day as each target was wet. 200 were soaked completely.
Here were the winning targets I took afterwords. Please remember, there were many VERY close to these.

Attachments

• 2016 4 30 50.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 291
  • 2016 4 30 100.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 291
  • 2016 4 30 200.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 291
Encore50A may have some photos, these are the only 2 I took. I'll try to obtain a group photo.
Congrats Encore on cleaning the animals..

Attachments

• 2016 4 30 line.JPG
    139.1 KB · Views: 289
  • 2016 4 30 rain.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 289
bestill said:
Great report thanks
No problem, good shooting, do you have any photos or your target photos? I now it's hard to shoot and take photos.. ha

Nope didn't take a single picture at range and had camera in truck. Duh!!

Looks like a corrected score for me. Before I left I was told 166. I'll have to change my posts to reflect the difference. Thanks for posting.

Latest posts

Back