300g BE--80g Blackhorn@25yd

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
IMG_1671.JPG

Rangerod sent these 300 grain Parker Ballistic Extreme bullet to be tested.

IMG_1676.JPG

IMG_1677.JPG

IMG_1678.JPG

Results look like a normal lead bullet.
Is this a new bullet weight for them?
Do you know how much the copper jacket weights?
Thanks again for doing these.

Looks to me like it would be fine for deer and other thin-skinned game. Pretty decent penetration, good weight retention, and excellent expansion.

alaska viking said:
Looks to me like it would be fine for deer and other thin-skinned game. Pretty decent penetration, good weight retention, and excellent expansion.
My thoughts also. It's the best bullet out of my Redemption I've seen so far easily. Interesting to see how it will shoot out of my other guns. :?:

Looks pretty darn good to me. I like when bullets hold together and expand well. Based on that test, I'd say that one is a keeper :yeah:

Doing a little calculating, one finds this bullet has the same energy at 300 yard, as the 300g XTP has at 200 yard, when both are shot from my X7, using 105g Blackhorn. More importantly, it has half again as much energy at 200 yard as the XTP. This bullet sure flies good.

This bullet costs five times as much as the XTP.

The 300grn BE has performed terribly on game in my findings. Not sure why the 275grn BE has done so well?? The 275grn BE is probably my second favorite bullet.

rangerod said:
The BE came out in Aug 2012 IIRC. That is the 300 grn. :lol:

Thanks, figured he'd already tested, that's why I thought it might be new.
What is IIRC?

Grouse said:
The 300grn BE has performed terribly on game in my findings. Not sure why the 275grn BE has done so well?? The 275grn BE is probably my second favorite bullet.
Can you describe at length on failures?

Grouse said:
I find that a surprise. Most of what I've read is that the 300 grns terminal performance was better than the 275.

alaska viking said:
Grouse said:
Can you describe at length on failures?

I watched two Hogs not get recovered and one Deer. I personally hunted with the 275BE several years ago and never had a problem i can remember. Between Texas and PA i easily shot 75 to 100 Deer with the 275BE. I should mention i always used that bullet with Smokeless powder and my NULA.

Back