Bullet weight

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Curious about weight variance. Weighed 48 BE 300 grn and lightest was 299.2, heaviest 300.5. That seems pretty good. :think: What is acceptable? Opinions?

Iv never weighed the bullets I shoot have read on here they vary up to 6 or 7 grains but they still shoot better than I do out of my mk85. Other guys seem to have similar results as far as accuracy so I'm assuming its not a huge deal at my ranges with my sighting system.

What I consider acceptable varies with the weight of the bullet. I like to hold 1 grain as a max for target loads with 250 and 300 grain jacketed bullets over 350 grains you can tolerate a bit more. This is for target shooting for normal hunting where I live I don't worry about it if I go out west I use the 1 grain and weight them all I might have to take a long shot out there.

I weighed a number of bullets and the most accurate were the Hornady 300 grn xtp in a.430 dia. 299.9-300.5. I weighed approximately 30 bullets. :applause:

Latest posts

Back