Knight rifles

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fmfdred56

Reaction score
Has anyone ordered and received a new knight rifle in the last few months? Iv had my order in for 12 weeks now and mine still haven't shipped. No answers or return phone calls from knight can't even cancel my order because I can't get ahold of them....

yes, took me about 2 weeks and had it in hand. I order from Knight sporadically, and cant remember waiting more than about 2-3 weeks. 12 weeks is pretty excessive. Ive always gotten an answer calling the phone number.

Hmmm I wonder what's up with that. And yea between the wait and being blown off by both knight and pi its getting pretty old iv had custom centerfires built in less than 12 weeks.

I know there is a time that they sorta take off being there...it may be spring an summer..its sorta stupid I think..I would cal again and leave a meassage..if you do not get a reply I would send a letter with a return reciept...that way you know they got the letter...I have ordered stocks..barrels and many other parts and had in hand with in 14 days.....their CS has really gone down hill bad...a shame...

Al

I always e mail and they call me back and give a time is best to call you back in your e mail. they may be down for summer I think some of knights people or here in Louisiana wright now.

Fmfdred56 said:
Has anyone ordered and received a new knight rifle in the last few months? Iv had my order in for 12 weeks now and mine still haven't shipped. No answers or return phone calls from knight can't even cancel my order because I can't get ahold of them....

I believe your wait may be over! Knight was out of triggers and their normal supplier could not supply them. The have recently negotiated a new contract with Timney and the new rifles will be supplied with new Timney Target Trigger. These new triggers are far more expensive the the previous trigger.

These triggers probably far better than the contract triggers Knight has been using the past.

I hope I have not misspoken here - I do not think Knight has announced this at this point. I have asked for confirmation of this but I have not gotten it as of yet...

Fmfdred56, I would be frustrated too. No excuse for not getting back to you. I'd be furious if it was me. If they at least communicate as to when and why....that would be alot better.

Personally, I think that putting a match grade trigger in what is considered a "production hunting rifle" doesn't make sense to me, especially when it bumps the cost of the rifles up substantially.

I love Knight rifles and will be a fan and supporter for life, but I am puzzled at the recent events. The old triggers are excellent imo...I see no no need to jump up to something so much more expensive. Even if the previous supplier went away...I'm sure they could have found an equal trigger to those for similar pricing, so making that change makes no sense to me. Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt it. You can buy a darn nice Timney trigger for most centerfire rifles for just over $100. Yes, its not match grade but certainly on par with what Knight has had all these years.

Velocity Triggers aka Vehr Manufacturing made the previous Knight triggers. I spoke to Timney yesterday and it is confirmed that Knight will now be using real Timneys. The new triggers can only be bought through Knight for the next 2 years is part of the contract.

I haven't called Vehr yet to find out the rest of the story. Im very tempted to do that because of the shady way Knight has been handling customer service lately, Something just doesn't smell right about this whole ordeal. If Knight is having a hard time returning calls to customers can you imagine trying to call them if they owed you money for parts. Vehr/Velocity makes more than just triggers for Knight.

GM54-120 said:
Velocity Triggers aka Vehr Manufacturing made the previous Knight triggers. I spoke to Timney yesterday and it is confirmed that Knight will now be using real Timneys. The new triggers can only be bought through Knight for the next 2 years is part of the contract.

And that is fine... but why the need to step up to a trigger that is 2-3x the cost? Timney used to make triggers for knight that were great, I'm sure they could provide that same one again at a reasonable price. I don't see a need for a match grade trigger in a production gun. Poor decision imo. The sales will most likely plummet, most folks probably won't pay that kind of money for a production gun. Maybe I'll be wrong. Heck I have a new Disc Elite for sale for less than half of what Knight wants for an Extreme... and haven't gotten a bite yet.

I wonder if this is going to be cost productive for Timney...I am wondering what Knight's yearly rifle production is...I know the few dealers that were around me do not sell them any more because of CS to them as a dealer...I bought my mountaineer at their cost from a local shop...they had it 2 years ...they said it was to expensive for most...but they sell CVA like crazy...

Al

WV Hunter said:
GM54-120 said:

And that is fine... but why the need to step up to a trigger that is 2-3x the cost? Timney used to make triggers for knight that were great, I'm sure they could provide that same one again at a reasonable price. I don't see a need for a match grade trigger in a production gun. Poor decision imo. The sales will most likely plummet, most folks probably won't pay that kind of money for a production gun. Maybe I'll be wrong. Heck I have a new Disc Elite for sale for less than half of what Knight wants for an Extreme... and haven't gotten a bite yet.

I have 2 of the upper end Knight triggers. One came standard in my 54-120 and i bought another directly from Knight about the same time PI bought them. They are an outstanding hunting trigger and extremely close in quality to the true Timney that was in my MK85.

IMO calling the new triggers "match grade" is a bit of a stretch. A true match trigger goes down to ounces. Typical TImneys are more commonly set to over 2lbs without having the occasional "oops". The one in my NULA is set to 2.5lbs and its superb. I couldn't ask for a better hunting trigger.

I cant see how the Timney trigger alone would cause such a price increase. I would imagine Timney still has some of the old tooling available. Its much more likely other parts production have been moved from Vehr also. I could see a $50-70 increase if it was just the trigger cost increase. That would be about the difference in cost i paid for a Knight "competition" trigger and what a typical Timney costs online.

The biggest question is "Why did Knight move away from Vehr"? They have a very long history of working together and Vehr appears to be functioning fine. Ive seen nothing to suggest otherwise.

The price of EVERYTHING has gone up...and up and up. I've probably bought a knight a year for the last few years. And even at the old prices, I could have bought 2-3 CVA's for every Knight as a price comparison (mountaineers). I have no regrets and would buy the Knights again if I was to do it over.
I think a lot of the problem is they have gone from a 3 man team down to 2, statistically losing 33% of their workforce. Seems Like its just Ashley and Garry left. I would like to see the stats on total yearly production also. AS to CS... well that seems lacking across the board everywhere. Its either that, or in this day and age of internet and immediate global information sharing, there's a lot more people venting complaints than voicing praise for CS from most companies. It seems for every post of praise I see, there's a few more disgruntled to be found.

As to why the change from Vehr? Ive been trying to get left hand triggers for over 2 years. Something they USED to have, but the response was they just couldnt get them. Ive also heard they had to halt shipping on several batches because of the lack of triggers. I just see it as making sense to try and find a more reliable supply. I think the trigger switch may account for a percentage of the increase, but im sure every part across the board is more now. Thats just business in the market today.

Finally got through to pi and they had knight call me back. For some reason the phones are forwarded to Gerry even though Hes out of town. But Justin returned my call when I asked for a refund he said he would ship the rifles today so I agreed to that. I got an email about an hour ago that the order is now completed so I'm assuming that means they have shipped. I feel like this will be my last dealing with knight but with the muzzleloader buying binge iv been on the last few months I'm sure I'll be good for a lifetime. Once this order arrives I'll be up to 2 whites and 2 knights. :yeah:

I like my whites too. But they have been neglected lately. I think Im just still in love with BH powder, and the cleaner action with no scope splatter. BUT there IS something to the simple perfection of a slam fire. :D and the whites accuracy cant be beat.. (matched maybe, but hard to beat)

why do you need a match grade trigger in a muzzleloader made for hunting?? the one's in my extreme and LK93 are good triggers.. the trigger needs to be about 1/4 maybe 3/8 wider.. WORM

ohiostate 12 said:
why do you need a match grade trigger in a muzzleloader made for hunting?? the one's in my extreme and LK93 are good triggers.. the trigger needs to be about 1/4 maybe 3/8 wider.. WORM

Honestly, some shooter/hunters like a quality trigger, and/or a lighter trigger pull than many. My personal preference is 2# all around.

ENCORE50A said:
ohiostate 12 said:

Honestly, some shooter/hunters like a quality trigger, and/or a lighter trigger pull than many. My personal preference is 2# all around.

I too like them light. I set mine between 28oz and 2# if at all possible. I spent too many years shooting Jewel 1.5oz BR triggers now I can't stand anything much heavier. :roll: I have several Timney's and they are set that way. I really can't see any trigger that Timney is selling Knight accounts solely for the large price increase. Those increases I could see if they did put a full blown Jewel in it. but one of them with right safety and bolt release for a Rem700 runs about $218. Most likely it is other parts too that caused that much of an increase. :(

Latest posts

Back