NP3 Plus Finish

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just recently had my BH 209 breech plug (x2), firing pin (x2), and firing pin bushing (x2) for my Accura V2 finished in NP3 Plus. The "x2" are the parts I have installed in my gun and their back ups. I have had previous firearms finished in NP3 and really liked it. The NP3 makes it easy to just wipe the parts clean, which is a real benefit for me, as it shortens my clean up time. Also, I figure with the combination of Nitride and NP3 finishes throughout the gun, it is just about as corrosion resistant and weatherproof as it gets, less the trigger internals.

Attachments

• Image-169162195.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 266
Nice looking finish :yeah:

Have you used this type of finish before? How does it hold up?

I did a quick search on it, pricey, but if it holds up well and does it's job, should be money well spent.

BuckDoeHunter said:
Nice looking finish :yeah:

Have you used this type of finish before? How does it hold up?

I did a quick search on it, pricey, but if it holds up well and does it's job, should be money well spent.

Thank you sir. NP3 holds up very well. I have two SIG barrels finished in it, and have put thousands of rounds through both with no apparent wear on the NP3 finished barrels from the factory finished slides. The slides are wearing as to be expected, but there is no "transfer" of the NP3 to the slides at the high wearing contact points on the slide. Again, wiping everything down is a breeze and requires no solvents and very little to no lubrication from CLP, etc, to operate smoothly.

It is pricey, and I paid $127.00 for the finishing and return shipping. I divorced my other half years ago and it cost me less than $1000, so I don't have to worry (and will never have to worry again) about explaining where my money is being spent :D (With all due respect to those of you who are happily married.)

rangerod said:
I have an Optima in Nitride and am wondering if NP3 can be applied over it? :think:

Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to your question. That said, I know Robar is capable of stripping finished weapons down to the metal for refinishing, but I am not sure if the Nitride salt bath finish can be removed or finished on top of with NP3. Sorry.

Incidentally, NP3 can be chemically stripped if one decides not to keep the finish.

Only the barrel on the CVAs has the nitride treatment. On the rest of the parts its just a black coating of some kind.

Back