300g A-Frame--80g Blackhorn

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
buckhtr77 sent these bullet to shoot through the test. The range was 25 yard. Actual bullet weight was 300.6g.

IMG_1713.JPG

IMG_1714.JPG

300aframeexample.jpg

OMG....... quite impressive.
Really wish you had-NOT posted this thread. Really not-wanted to buy any more ML bullets. But that pic may make this a mandatory / must have purchase, being I generally use basically the same charge.... 85gr with my 300gr 44-cal XTPs.

------------------

(edit) -- Never mind! I see these bullets sell for over a buck apiece. No thanks then. I have a (personal) 75 cent limit on my ML bullet purchases.

Stellar performance. If this is common for these bullets to expand that well and retain that much weight, cost is a not an issue.

Wow! Thanks for the test. I will have to see if I can find these locally.

Been using the swifts for a while now, I modify them slightly with a spire pt. I also concaved the base to help with obturation. Great bullet for extra large game like Moose.

Swifts

smokeeter said:
Been using the swifts for a while now, I modify them slightly with a spire pt. I also concaved the base to help with obturation. Great bullet for extra large game like Moose.

Swifts

Can you post how you create the BULLET??????????????? :yeah:

smokeeter said:

Swifts

Can you post how you create the BULLET??????????????? :yeah:

Don't think you could ask much more from a bullet....... Thanks for posting

Ron,
Do you have any plans on doing down-range accuracy testing? I know, every rifle is different, but some rounds seem to be inherently accurate, while others, not so much.
Back in the day, the A-Frames where my go-to bullet for big game. My rifle loved them, and they were devastating on game. It would be awesome to find my muzzy liking them.

No, i won't be shooting for accuracy; i only have one left. Three were sent me; one used for locating impact by the aim; one used in the test.

Got a new set of dies, these ones not only make a spire pt. they also bump up the diameter to .458 for full forming.

Latest posts

Back