remington krieger custom blackhorn gun

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bestill

MM Sponsor
MM Sponsor
Reaction score
well its finally finished. remington 700 with krieger 45 cal barrel custom break and mcree stock with jewell trigger and vortex hst scope murphy base and vortex rings . also utilized a rem/sav style barrel nut and holland recoil lug

well yesterday got to get it sighted in took 7 shot to get rifle dialed in and shots 8,9,10 ever fired from gun made me very happy. this is 3 shot group using 327 gr. parker match hunter and blackhorn powderat 100 yds

That's some rifle. Very good shooting.
What primer are you using?

Thanks ive got alot of time in this project but im extremely happy with it

Very Nice.

You call it a BH gun but I assume you could shoot any appropriate smokeless.

May I ask why BH209? Cant argue with the accuracy.

I shoot matches that require blackpowder or subs.

Yes gun is smokeless capable.. But built this specificly for a particular blackhorn load

I have 2 barrels for it so i pinned recoil lug and makes switching easier and i built this as a test rifle to try different primers also so with nut can set headspace perfectly with nut setup.

And bonus is timing a fluted barrel..

NICE! Aint that a typical ML fan. Already has the winning combo, but hes off on the road for a better one. :D Krieger or brux seem to be the favorite flavors lately. Reg land Krieger, or wide land?

I am impressed. How does the Krieger compare to the Brux and Douglas?

It is a special order land , depth and twist.
Its a high quality barrel won't say its better than brux or Douglas yet but Krieger will cut to your request.
Its a true muzzle break no quick load muzzle and ramrod is 3 piece which will attach to my belt in a pouch

Looking good Jeff! This group is with the hollow base Parker we talked about yesterday?

Spent the day at 500 yds and shot alot
270 emax 1 moa 6 shots 19 moa elevation
327 mh HB .950 moa 3 shots 17 moa elevation
344 bomb soft .950 moa 5 shots 17.5 moa elevation
All blackhorn loads

Im extremely happy

Looks nice, I like the use of the barrel nut. That should make setting primer head space easier.
No reason it shouldn't shoot well - as it seems it does.
See you and it next week.

Back