Bestill's Knight NFJP Breechplug

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsteurrys

Reaction score
I received my Bestill Knight NFPJ Breechplug from Jeff at the end of last week. The machining of the breechplug is excellent which is to be expected from Lehigh Dave. The Primer Pocket is sized perfectly for a Federal 209A Primer. It inserts and removes easily with no sticking. The bushing has a nice tight slip fit. It will be a while before I fit them to my guns as my youngest Son has me helping him with his last Pinewood Derby Car. The race is in four weeks in NYC. I will post how the installation goes when I do it over the Summer.

I'm getting one ordered this week for my UL. For sure it is the way to fly! :D

I will be getting one this week also. Just catching up on some unexpected vet bills first.

I got mine and its great so far. Its a bit too hot out to test fire so all ive done is verify primer crush and just firing 4 primers. Crush is excellent and all tested primers came out clean. My Bestill plug gives me about .002-.003 more crush than the Lehigh plug in my DISC Original 45. I use mostly Win209s but both CCIs and the FED209A all still get a minimal crush with my measurements taken using a Win209.

I wanted a .005 crush on a Win209 which is about perfect IMO if you still want to use other primers. The Rem STS will be about the only primer that is too short because it is the shortest of the USA made 209s.

Being new here how does one go bout getting one of his plugs,Thanks

Read this thread for the info
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=28435

I was going to start a separate post but i decided to just add it here instead.

Bestill and Lehigh plugs side by side. Leigh plug is clean and the Bestill plug had 4 primers shot.

P1020067_zps16ssrdcs.jpg

P1020069_zpsuuwdqbyc.jpg

P1020066_zpssmbvfsyh.jpg

P1020065_zpslszpbxgr.jpg

Win209, Fed209, CCI and CCI Mag primers
P1020071_zpsw3q9puya.jpg

P1020070_zpszfsxfh7a.jpg

Bestil plug after wiping off the powder side with a piece of dry gauze.
P1020075_zpsgva9uzzx.jpg

Wow that looks Perfect! :yeah:
Mine should be here by next week.

Got mine a couple weeks ago, and it is giving a nice .006 crush on W209's, and an average of .004 crush on CCI Mags.
Excellent fit in the rifle. Threads turn in to a nice firm STOP! :D

Popped a few primers, nice and clean. NO BLOWBACK! YES!!!!!!!!
Bolt pulls out fired primers without any issue. They fall out. Simply, they fall out! YES!!!!!!!!!

Hitting the range later in the week for initial sight in and workup of deer/bear hunting load with BH209 and some Nosler Partitions I lucked into!

:yeah:

Back