Pistol bullets sabotless

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fmfdred56

Reaction score
OK so last night I slugged the bore of my 45 cal muzzy and came out with .452 I have about 1000 .452 pistol bullets laying around that I don't have a use for. Am I thinking correctly that if I knurled them up a hair to catch the rifling and shot them over a nitro card I may get them to shoot? They are all sierra 300 grain lead bullets, and I'm shooting a super 91. I also have 460 grain power punches and 460 grain no excuses so really this is just for fun.

It would be interesting to see what happens. I cast a .458 405 grain (which in pure lead is 423 grain) all lead bullet. I then size them to .4515 and shoot them out of my White White Tail Hunter .451 caliber. They do a real good job. But I never thought to try lighter bullets. I will be watching for your results.

Had some technical difficulties this weekend should have a range report next weekend

Thinner jacket bullets are easier to get to shoot well. Even the 225gr FTX is nowhere near as easy as the Parker BE. If yours have thin jackets and a soft lead core they should not be a problem.

Latest posts

Back