Inline .32

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hahaha We would too. There's possibilities in the works, but right now they are very hard to find. a search here will turn up several convos of the same, and possible future offers

What he said. There is something in the works and we hope to here something by end of the month. No one currently builds one on a production basis yet. Some of us here have had them built in a few different ways. TC also built a Fire Hawk and you see one from time to time. If memory served they had a barrel for the System One too.

You can check these threads out to get caught up where we are at.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=28690

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=28313

A couple builds done here too.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=28760

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=28529

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=27208

Probably the First build done here.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=23917&hilit=mountaineer+to+.32+conversion

bendback said:
Looking for any suggestions on who makes a .32 inline
Thanks

After spending about 2 years looking for one of the few factory made 32 rifles I finally gave in an had a custom built. If you hold the Green Mountain Squirrel Rifle up as the pinnacle, you could build your own for the same or less than I'd expect the asking price to be on one.

the bane of every small caliber retro build is weight. Its VERY hard to get it down under about 6# (or less for a nice light carry squirreler) If you want to go custom, you need to decide on a donor action, and how to mate the barrel to it. With a break action, you could keep the stub for the lug, then attach a barrel. Or several options for a bolt action. the tricky part is getting a small diameter barrel mated to the action. And shave weight at every possible option. the above posts will show you several ways, and finished weights. Probably the easiest is to just go with a Traditions Crockett. (a sidelock, but pretty much the only available production .32 currently available) It depends on what you really want it for. If just for a cheap range plinker, there are a myriad more options. But to carry on a hunt, for small game, you WILL quickly tire of carrying a chunk gun for squirrel. I started with aftermarket barrels on sidelocks, and they all end up well over 10#

http://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=26443&hilit=Allen+inline+build This is by far the easiest and lightest small caliber inline I have seen, or built. It really depends on what you want to use for a base action, and what the ultimate goal is for.

One thing I would recommend if you decide to build one is to go with a 1 in 30 twist barrel instead of the old standard 1 in 48. You can shoot lighter loads of powder with a patched round ball and still be accurate. That keeps the velocity down to the 22lr range and not tear up squirrels as bad, if you like to hunt them. In case you don't know there are no commercial Sabots made for .32 caliber, smallest is the MMP .36cal that I am aware of.

As for the action, the Plunger type is probably going to be the easiest to use to keep weight down. I used an Oregon barrel as they will make about what ever twist you want. I believe that the "Pink" .32 was done with a Rice in the same 1 in 30 so guess they will make one too.

In building one it will pretty much run the gambit on cost depending on the components, Person doing the build and how much you can do yourself.

I was planning another build but am holding off till we find out more on the talks with Traditions. But if that does not pan out I will be calling Oregon to find out from Joe what the smallest diameter they will make a barrel and then most likely mate it to that little Allen. My action works well, was already Drilled and tapped for scope and does have a removable breech plug and can be used as a #11 or 209 ignition, but is a good bit heavier that that little Allen. For me, other than the Barrel fitting to the action I would do the rest of the work myself.

dbowling said:
Could the contour of the barrel be turned down on a lathe to get rid of a bunch of weight and still be safe?

Yes. My 32 has an octagon barrel that starts at 1" and tapers down to 13/16"

This would be nice in the right twist and the "ring" at the breach the same size as a LK or DISC action. 32-20 though is .312 i think. Still be fun if you could find some cheap little conicals or have Bullshop make you something that would fit.

Pistol caliber Centerfire Barrels - Tapered Octagon 27" barrels in traditional centerfire calibers and rifle twist rates. .850" x.710" taper, button rifled 4140 steel, stress relieved before and after machining. - .32-20 bore 1:22 twist

http://www.gmriflebarrel.com/wl322228-c ... -22-twist/

WL382028_profile__32692.1387201633.1280.1280.jpg

Squeeze said:
Saw this on another forum, and thought it was pretty ingenious. Could be a possibility for a lightweight action... :think:

75-breech.jpg

http://www.kirbos.net/ar_smoke_pole/
Oh My. I can just here you telling Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, Hillary, B Feinstein and the Other Anti Gun zealots that is your Squirrel Rifle! :roll: :lol:

GM54-120 said:
This would be nice in the right twist and the "ring" at the breach the same size as a LK or DISC action. 32-20 though is .312 i think. Still be fun if you could find some cheap little conicals or have Bullshop make you something that would fit.

Pistol caliber Centerfire Barrels - Tapered Octagon 27" barrels in traditional centerfire calibers and rifle twist rates. .850" x.710" taper, button rifled 4140 steel, stress relieved before and after machining. - .32-20 bore 1:22 twist

http://www.gmriflebarrel.com/wl322228-c ... -22-twist/

WL382028_profile__32692.1387201633.1280.1280.jpg

While making my daughters Pink 32, I bought this exact bbl to build a little bullet gun for myself.

Latest posts

Back