Knight Thumbhole ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill

Reaction score
I just picked up a Knight thumhole sight that fits a bolt action rifle for small money. Guy that sold it to me knew nothing about it except it came from an estate. Stock has a Knight trigger guard. Currently the only Knights I own are MK-85. I'm assuming that it fits a Knight Extreme or the original disc rifle. How do I tell which model the stock fits, or by chance does it fit both models?

If it has a cutout for the bolt handle is is most likely an Extreme stock. The "old" Knight never made a TH stock for Elites. I dont think they ever made one for the Original DISC either. They did make a laminate TH for the Long Range Hunter but no composites.

Is it laminated wood or synthetic composite stock?

Could be a stock for one of the "Master Hunter" guns that came with two; one each synthetic and laminated and the gun may have gotten separated from the extra stock at some point. Maybe

The stock is synthetic witha ventilated recoil pad marked "Knight rifles". Guard screw opening is recessed-funnel shape with what looks like a metal pillar. I once had a stainless extreme with fluted barrrel, but no thumbhole stock.

Its almost certainly a Extreme stock or a MH stock then if it has the cutout for the bolt handle.

Would i be correct in thinking that the stock would fit any of the disc rifles excecpt the Elite? I think the Elite had some sort of U shaped recoil lug. My stock has a shallow, narrow, slot inletted about 1/4" behind the action screw, but I don't know what the function of that slot could be.

Sounds like a long range hunter stock.
Does it have a hump on bottom of forearm?
Got any pictures

I don't have ant pictures yet, and wouldn't know how to post them if I did! The stock has a Snauble (sp) hump on the end of the forearm.

Bill said:
I don't have ant pictures yet, and wouldn't know how to post them if I did! The stock has a Snauble (sp) hump on the end of the forearm.

I haven't or do not remember ever seeing a thumbhole Original DISC stock with a Snauble on the for arm. The Original DISC stocks had the hump on the end of the forearm but never seen a thumbhole on an Original DISC. This is an example below.

dsc07426.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

So it must be a stock off a Knight Master Hunter...

wm_4516571.jpg

And I think the MH or MHC came with a 'Forked Recoil Lug'. If that is so the stock will most likely fit any Knight DISC type rifle including a DISC Elite.

This might help.
2001 catalog.

Attachments

• 2001 50.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 478
The catalog also mentions the stocks having a Schnabel for end.

Back