209 conversion for ruger

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interested in any difference in design of yours versus the one currently offered by the bullet manufacturing company in Canada (Quebec Canada)

If you are familiar with the hunter 209 conversion used by many the last 5-6 years in factory barrels and
also in smokeless builds, it is very similar to it.
If you are not familiar with the above my kit has a bolt nose and a firing pin instead of the plunger.
It also has a breech plug with a vent liner that seals 95%+ of the blowback.
It is basically a sealed system

Please send link or info for the design so I can learn more for the Ruger 77/50 MZ

I posted to an old thread with some information but then noticed that the pictured were gone.
I will see if I can find something on dougs.
If you visit that site you may search for Hunter bolt kit

I found info and pictures of installation of Hunter Bolt Nose Kit for Rem. 700MZ on smokelessmz.com. Looks like good closed design. I'm interested in yours for the Ruger 77/50 when available. Please PM me or post on this site when available. By the way I recently found that the cleaning tube that Rem. supplied for the model 700mz and currently available from Midway fits perfectly into a Ruger 77/50. The Ruger cleaning tube is no longer available from Ruger.

Latest posts

Back