Smokless Smoker

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[attachment=1]gun.jpg[/attachment]This gun I had built to shoot Blackhorn 209 .Im planning on shooting this gun at the fall Nationals at Friendship.The group on the left was shot by my buddy Scott with his 700ML (Zombie gun ) The group on the right was shot with my gun . Two major differences in our groups .Scotts groups is better (because he is a better shot ) and he shot off of a front rest and a rear bag . My group on the right was a 5 shot group shot off of a front rest only . Im trying to practice for the upcoming Nationals . Both of our groups were shot on the same night. My gun was built by Jeff Hankins its a .45 Remington with a 26 inch Brux barrel with H.I.S ignition and a G R S stock. I also wanted no excuses so I put on a Nightforce scope ,rings and mount. The gun is capable of shooting way better than I can shoot !

[attachment=1]gun.jpg[/attachment][attachment=0]20160809_192443.jpg[/attachment]

Attachments

• gun.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 546
  • 20160809_192443.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 541
Dougs136Schwartz said:
This gun I had built to shoot Blackhorn 209 .Im planning on shooting this gun at the fall Nationals at Friendship.The group on the left was shot by my buddy Scott with his 700ML (Zombie gun ) The group on the right was shot with my gun . Two major differences in our groups .Scotts groups is better (because he is a better shot ) and he shot off of a front rest and a rear bag . My group on the right was a 5 shot group shot off of a front rest only . Im trying to practice for the upcoming Nationals . Both of our groups were shot on the same night. My gun was built by Jeff Hankins its a .45 Remington with a 26 inch Brux barrel with H.I.S ignition and a G R S stock. I also wanted no excuses so I put on a Nightforce scope ,rings and mount. The gun is capable of shooting way better than I can shoot !

http://s345.photobucket.com/user/doug13 ... sort=3&o=0

http://s345.photobucket.com/user/doug13 ... sort=3&o=1

gun_zpsabhzdfin.jpg.html

20160809_192443_zpsiqeogqmt.jpg.html

For some reason, the image/s didn't show. However copying the link and pasting it to a new tab will show them. You are copying the bottom link on PB? IMG only, then pasting here?
Stay off the rear support, let him shoot off the rear support. The "better shot" will be determined at Friendship :wink:
Things change under pressure and time, so that will also be a contributing factor at Friendship. Shooting a high score is one thing. Shooting out those "X" is another. You'll need to do both to beat bestill and a couple of the other shooters.
You probably don't have the time now, but ordering the 50, 100 and 200yd targets from the NMLRA is a good idea for preparation. You'll be shooting completely black targets for 50 & 100, switching to entirely red for 200yds.

Those "X" are small..... Bullet is an expanded Barnes TMZ. 50 - 100 - 200yd targets.

TY I think we are getting it figured out how to post a picture . I completley suck when it comes to computer stuff !

That is a great looking rifle and looks like it and you are shooting good too. Great shooting.

Getting better, shot this group last nite testing Blackhorn 209 loads off of bags . Thats as good as this Redneck can shoot. Probably will never happen again!
[attachment=1]3.jpg[/attachment][attachment=0]2.jpg[/attachment]

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 422
  • 2.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 422
Impressive,

How many shots?
Was gun already warmed up and fouled?

That was a 3 shot group . I have to warm the barrel up before it shoots really good . Honestly I need to shoot three shots before it starts grouping really good . I have shot hundreds of dollars testing loads , bullets , bullet sizing and powder charges before I could get this gun to shoothe like this .It has always shot good but I had to play with it to shoot really good .

Latest posts

Back