My opinion on used Knight Muzzleloaders

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grouse

LIFETIME SUPPORTER
Supporting member
Reaction score
Ive noticed for awhile now all used Knight muzzleloaders are not selling. Ive seen some extremely low prices and there still not selling. Very unusual to me thats for sure.

:roll: I curbed my buying spree. :D I think I have enough Knights now. 4 Mountaineers, MK,LK,TK,disc... If I ever get play money again, I think my next will be a Swinglock :think:

A lot of folks are asking top dollar for used, for a fee bucks more it's better to go new I think. Summer time is always hard to sell guns, usually pics up next month.

Just my two cents

My last couple dealings i had with Knight caused me to give up on buying Knights , used or new . I decided to go custom for inlines or Pedersoli's for Side locks. Hopefully things improve at Knight , then maybe just maybe i might veer back in that direction . But it wont be easy for me to be convinced things have improved .
Thats why my long range 45 1:18 custom was am Omega instead of a Knight

I must be in the minority, plus being somewhat new to these things.
In the past year, I've picked up some nice ones (all LNIB):
Ultralite - $400
45 SS Elite - $250
SS Super disc - $450
2- 50 cal blue Disc Extreme with walnut stocks for projects/parts for $200 & $225 (one local, one not), but when I got them they are like new and I'm hesitant on stripping them..

my LK 93 nib 200$... looking at a MK85 that looks like its NIB 325$$ WORM

They seem to be selling off Gun Broker very well and with really what I consider high prices. The current prices of the new models even at Sportsman's are really high! Probably influencing the price of the used models.

But most of the increase was due to the new true Timney trigger that are now being installed in the new offerings from Knight. I believe but do not know for sure but the Timney's are about $100 to $150 more that the old contracted look like Timey triggers...

Spring and summer are definitely slower sales times. Seems to me like they should be selling well in general, given what they cost new now. I've sold a couple this year at fair prices for the buyer and myself. I'm sure I could have gotten a little more had I waited till prime time, but its all good.

I had a New In Box Disc Xtreme and it won't sell for $400.00, so I traded it for a NIB 1100 Trap worth about $ 1,000.00, so you I did OK. :lol:

I didn't have the coin for this GB auction 570499301. See below:
Here for auction is a brand new, unfired Knight Ultra Lite .50 cal muzzleloader with dark green composite stock. These are super light, super accurate muzzleloaders. They have Green Mountain barrels and typically will shoot very tight groups. This muzzleloader also comes with Leupold bases quick release bases and rings. These alone were $100 or more. They are brand new, purchased specifically for this Knight ML.

SOLD fo $600!!!!!!!!!!!1 9 bids

I have noticed the same thing. The prices on Gunbroker seem to be high. A handful of years back it seemed like people were giving them away. I got a new in the box Wolverine for my brother for $80, but haven't seen prices like that in some time.

I seem to have better luck finding deals locally. Just bought a stainless MK-85 for $100 that cleaned up almost perfect. I did have to drive about 45 minutes to get it but I had been looking for one I could afford for years.

Latest posts

Back