Kinetic Performance

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was also disappointed with expansion in one of the photos posted on their website. I'm also wondering about pricing. Bullets made on a Swiss lathe sounds expensive.

alaska viking said:
It seems to my apprenticed eye that there are better bullets already out there.
Certainly some very good ones. Barnes TMZ-TEZ sure tough to beat. Also like the Thor's and the good old xtp.

rangerod said:
alaska viking said:
It seems to my apprenticed eye that there are better bullets already out there.
Certainly some very good ones. Barnes TMZ-TEZ sure tough to beat. Also like the Thor's and the good old xtp.

I agree, I have used Barnes TMZ/TEZ from 10-304 yards and they all performed flawlessly out of smoker and smokeless muzzleloaers.

I was interested in the MBomb for smokeless muzzleloader speeds, 2500-3000 fps, and their higher BC for long range hunting. Many are using high BC lead bullets but a lot of these bullets seem to fragment at close range shots, blowing huge holes. This does get the job done but is not my cup of tea, I like a bullet that stays together.

I am guessing around $2 a bullet, seems to be the going rate.

At two dollars a pop that would either be a very expensive range session or a very short one. I also like bullets that stay together with a good combination of penetration and expansion. Just burning powder at the range I usually use xtp's.

Just my opinion , it's pretty tuff to beat Barnes bullets if you like to shoot them in the rib cage . You almost always get a pass through with good blood trails . Most of Thier bullts preform well at low or high velocities. If you want a bullet to preform at very low velocities ( like low recoil loads ) the Barnes XPB bullets preform perfect ! I'm a Barnes fan for hunting .

The first deer I ever shot with a mz I was using the 290 tez. DRT at 90 yds. Field dressing showed lungs were nothing but mush. Kwik clean kill just the way I like em. No tracking. Drove the pickup right too her.

I believe to mbomb was purpose built for 2800 plus velocity and big whitetail to buffalo.
With the brass expansion insert they will be devastating

First let me say that the last post is correct. These were designed for the higher velocities the SML shooters like me use.
Second this was a real world test at standard M/L speeds & in reality it still performed well with a very good terminal performance ending, while showing that yes, there is a practical difference in performance between SML's & regular M/L's
Third, I'm using the 302gr Bomb in my 52 cal pushed by 130gr (by volume) BH209 & if I can put a deer down with my 40, then the 52 is next up for a hair test
Please realize that Keith at Kinetic Performance builds quality high end Bullets. Expect nothing less!!

Greg

Back