let's talk HUNTING!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Busta- haha I ment knees but yeah a couple spots Nads. I haven't been back there in a couple weeks but I don't think it's dried up to much since we have had rain every other day since.

Only small game until oct 1st. Took my benjamin marauder .25 out for squirrels sunday, I got one and my brother missed one.

This season will be interesting, pretty much just going to scout some spots the rest of this month and test a few spots on state land through oct and hopefully have some solid spots for the rut. I had a decent spot but found that they logged the section I hunt and my tree was one of them :x Saved my vacation days so I should be able to take 2 weeks off from work in november :)

Doubt ill get a deer this season, at least nothing big. Some of the spots I have found look like they should be good though. THe ridge im going to set up on has a extremely used game trail and its very thick in that area. Finding a tree will be the hard part but once that is done I think that will be a great spot.

The other spot on at that place where my tree was chopped, im going to move myself down hill more, saw alot of doe going below me at last light and the deer I passed ended up going down there as well.

One thing boys and girls.........
If you're hunting from a tree or elevated platform, for goodness sakes, wear your safety harness. Hook up on the ground and don't unhook until you're back on the ground. Those stands come with a safety harness for a reason. Each year we hear of accidents happening where no safety harness was in use or, they unhooked while on the stand or before climbing down. Safety FIRST!

ENCORE50A said:
If you're hunting from a tree or elevated platform, for goodness sakes, wear your safety harness. Hook up on the ground and don't unhook until you're back on the ground. Those stands come with a safety harness for a reason. Each year we hear of accidents happening where no safety harness was in use or, they unhooked while on the stand or before climbing down. Safety FIRST!
I personally know four different people who have fallen from tree stands. Three of them fell either while getting in or out. I agree 100%. Wear the harness all the time attached to the rope when not on the ground. I personally don't hunt from trees anymore. I stay on the ground.

ENCORE50A said:
I have a stock pile of the safety harness' that come with tree stands, still in the package. If anyone needs one or knows someone that doesn't have one, let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back