Little Girl 1 deer 0

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The day finally arrived. My youngest girl was old enough to start hunting last year but it didn't work out for me to take her. This year I told her that she would go first before anybody else. So she was extremely excited to finally get to hunt instead of watching her brothers and sister hunt. Today was opening day.
Her brother kept telling her she wasn't going to get one. :nono:

To make a long story short he was wrong. and he was there to witness it. :mrgreen:
The real problem was finding it. Boy that was a nightmare. We looked for an hour and 20 minutes and almost gave up. Then I finally stumbled upon it. It was really rather hot out so I was worried about not finding it for so long. The shot was absolutely a great shot. I saw it kick up its back legs and take off so I knew it was a good hit but it went into the weeds around the old farmstead. The weeds were about 15 feet tall and thick.

heres what it looked like

This was not easy walking for an old man like me.

But we prevailed and found her. :mrgreen:

The drag was also horribly tough even though her brother helped. I think I need to take a bigger kid. :mrgreen:

This is her and her doe

yes she is a girl . You just cant see her hair :mrgreen: here is a pic of my little punkin.

Knight Littlehorn, 60 gr 777 and a 260 gr PT Gold at 87 yards.

The older girl is up next as it's a ladies first year this year.

man that's a big deer.. how old was the deer?? good shooting on her part... did you find the bullet??? WORM

ohiostate 12 said:
man that's a big deer.. how old was the deer?? good shooting on her part... did you find the bullet??? WORM
No bullet found , it was a pass through . My guess on age is around 3 but i am not the best on aging deer . My wife is better at that than me , as far as aging by the teeth that is

That is a very nice Doe! Congrads her and to you! :applause: :partyman: Love seeing the Youth get out to hunt! :yeah:

Great story and congrats on your harvest, judging on the face of the doe I would say 4-5 year old. As the deer ages the face gets longer, ALL ORGANIC.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

CONGRATS to that shooter :!: :!: :!: Nice size doe and plenty of tender meat. ENJOY :!:

Ray................ :yeah:

That's fantastic! Congrats to her.
Is that neck wound where the PT bullet exited? Or did it enter the neck and exit behind that shoulder?

GoexBlackhorn said:
That's fantastic! Congrats to her.
Is that neck wound where the PT bullet exited? Or did it enter the neck and exit behind that shoulder?
No the bullet went in at the shoulder at an angle through the lungs then the liver and out the other side near the liver. The neck wound is where I cut its throat. Just an old field dressing habit. 1. so I can pull the windpipe out from the inside without fishing around up in there for the wind pipe. 2. So any blood can drain out when I hang them, as I hang them rear feet up to skin. In this case since I put ice in the chest cavity it allowed the water to drain out as the ice melted. after over 40 years I guess more than anything it is just a habit to cut the throat. :mrgreen:

Way to go young lady!! Congratulations on your deer. And Dad ... congratulations on finding it. That looks worse then the bog marsh at my place for going through.

Awesome story all the way around - congrats to the young lady & you too!

Congrats! Not nice shot placement by the way.

Emrah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back