Knight TK 2000

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Found for sale brand new on Wisconsin fishing trip. $275 + tax. Would this be a good deal? Also found an Omega Z5 black synthetic for $400.

New TK goes for $740 + on the knight site. So it would not be out of line. Thumbhole or straight stock?

OK deal on the Knight.. you could maybe do better, but it would take some time and diligence. If I were in the market, I would buy it. Its a great turkey gun. I have one, but for reasons unknown, I'll usually use a White tominator more.

rangerod said:
Found for sale brand new on Wisconsin fishing trip. $275 + tax. Would this be a good deal? Also found an Omega Z5 black synthetic for $400.

That's less than I paid for mine back in early 2000, by a good margin. Mine was the first one in Michigan. I'd say it's a good deal, if you are in the market for one.

Just went and pulled my receipt, $349 + tax, over 16 years ago.

Mine originally came with #11 ignition, but I converted to 209. Just make sure to keep a rubber cap over that knurled secondary safety shooting heavy turkey loads in the straight stock version using the FPJ 209 conversion. The recoil will rake that across your thumb knuckle like a bastard file at light speed. Once is more than enough, and I did it twice in the same day. It will get your attention!

Good luck with your decision.

I also own a Mossy Oak Break-Up camo stocked White Thunder (Tominator), with straight rifled barrel and the full series of choke tubes. They'll both do the job.

I am not much of a shot gunner, just don't really hunt anything where I need one at the moment. I have been looking at them lately though especially since Knight increased the prices so much. Strange thing is that I find I am more interested in getting one with a thumbhole stock. :roll: What is strange about that is that I never really cared for thumbhole stocks as they just feel strange to me. So I have no idea why I find myself drawn to them with a Thumbhole stock. :huh?:

Busta said:
Just make sure to keep a rubber cap over that knurled secondary safety shooting heavy turkey loads in the straight stock version using the FPJ 209 conversion. The recoil will rake that across your thumb knuckle like a bastard file at light speed. Once is more than enough, and I did it twice in the same day. It will get your attention!
Mines gotten me a few times. Only complaint I have with it.

FrontStuffer1 said:
Are the new TK2000 shotguns better than the from say 7 years ago?

Same exact design. I guess that would depend on the materials and build quality used today. They do cost 2x-3x more than you can buy NIB or NOS.

only difference is the stocks, and what was used at the time of the guns production. For under $300, I think its a deal. I havent seen a centerfire yet that shoots better. (Maybe as well, after much more load development finding the perfect choke and ammo, which can run up a hefty tab in a hurry) Mine, with a .665 choke, shoots most loads well. And by using unslit wads, you can control the pattern even further, (or tighter). For turkey, i use 2 slits about 1/2 way down the wad. For squirrel, 3-4 slits all the way down, Grouse/pheasant, 3 slits ~2/3 - 3/4 down. This alone can alter the pattern downrange, and allows a lot more load freedom, with no "perfect choke" search. Plus, I get the same results, with much less purple shoulder on range day. Some of those coyote/turkey loads can rival a slug in the 12 ga kick department in a shotgun. Maybe Im using much lighter loads to get the results, But I just dont feel the same kick in a ML

Latest posts

Back