Sealing things up

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here's an idea for those of use lucky enough to hunt with a plunger type inline using single port nipples or sidelock percussion. Take some plumbers ( teflon) tape and put it across the face if the nipple before reinstalling it. The cap blast will blow right through it and it will keep the dampness out of your charge.

I use Slick 50 One Grease instead. Just a dab on the thread and I put that nipple back in. It helps stop blow back and makes that nipple come out with ease at the end of the day. But I will try your tape trick. Thanks.

Confederate rifleman can you post a picture of what you talking about?? going to hunt with my LK93 some this year... i use grease on my nipple to make it easy to get it back out.... WORM

How do you post photos? What I meant was instead of wrapping around the threads, go over the powder side of the nipple, covering the flash hole to seal it off. That's what I meant to seal off. I use Super Lube on the nipple threads.

i see what you are talking . it look's like it will help to keep the rain out... i try it next time i got the plug out... WORM

Back