Gun stocks

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wesley396

Reaction score
Who made the gun stocks for Knight Rifles on the Master hunter ( with the forest green an Sandstone thumbhole stock)

Without actually seeing one i can only guess.

The Boyds DISC stocks probably would need minor inletting for the cantilever recoil lug in Elites, LRH and Mountaineers. Extreme and DISC Original stocks interchange. Im sure because ive dropped a DISC into an Extreme stock with no modifications. The inletting on my DISC stock and older Extreme TH composite stock are identical.

New production stocks sold by Knight might accept both types of recoil lugs depending on the stock.

SteveH said:
GM54-120 said:
I think they are or were made by Boyds.

Boyds now offers stocks for Knight DISC based rifles. https://www.boydsgunstocks.com/FindASto ... &Action=61
Curious about the differences are between the DISC/DISC Elite/DISC Extreme stocks and how much modification would be needed to use the Boyds stocks on an Extreme or Elite action.

The DISC and DISC Extreme stock would be the same - both of those rifles use a square recoil lug.

This picture shows the lug pocket for the DISC/DISC Extreme

The Elite, LRH, & Mountaineer are equipped with a cantilever lug...

This picture shows the pocket for the recoil lug of a rifle using the cantilever lug.

And as GM has said it is not that difficult to alter the recoil lug pocket.

wesley396 said:
Who made the gun stocks for Knight Rifles on the Master hunter ( with the forest green an Sandstone thumbhole stock)

If your older Laminate stock has the 'schnable' forend, I was told by Knight they were made by another company in SD that is no longer in business. 'Lucent' or similar as I recall. I actually prefer these to the current ones.

Back