Trail

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
IMG_1995.JPG

Well, i wanted to drive this trail to examine some new hunting country, but it wasn't on the travel plan for trucks. One can only drive this trail with a 4 wheeler. Yes, i was plenty irritated i couldn't drive it, until i walked it. After walking it for a short way i had to quit; it was too rough, for me to walk, and i was so thankful i didn't drive it. Won't be hunting there. Was very glad i don't own a 4 wheeler that day.

Where hunters don't drive or walk is where Bambi's dad roams. Thicker the better ... says Dad.

That would be some rough hauling-out, using either my deer sled or deer cart.

Man that's rough! Looks like a dry river bed. Riding that trail on a 4-wheeler would probably split your gizzard.

That looks rough even for a 4 wheeler.

If there was good looking territory at the top I'd set out som cams, and if I saw some nice bucks I'd hunt it on foot. Hiking a deer out of there would be a challenge, so it would need to be a trophy for me to go through the effort. Easier places can be hunted to fill the freezer.

The top is where i came from, and there is deer up there, and it might be good hunting. Follows is a photo of where i walked today, and it was lovely.

IMG_1999.JPG

Will never ever walk down that rocky trail again, ever.

GoexBlackhorn said:
Where hunters don't drive or walk is where Bambi's dad roams. Thicker the better ... says Dad.

That would be some rough hauling-out, using either my deer sled or deer cart.

We eat what i tag, so i won't be tagging Bambi' dad. Hauling a deer out of there would be awful with a cart, and a nightmare with a sled. Actually, i have seen Bambi' dad in way more better places to hunt.

ronlaughlin said:
The top is where i came from, and there is deer up there, and it might be good hunting. Follows is a photo of where i walked today, and it was lovely.

IMG_1999.JPG

Will never ever walk down that rocky trail again, ever.

That's a much better trail for walking. :yeah:

I'll take that rocky trail over the blowdowns I hunt any day, but I'd never give the smooth trail a second thought where I hunt easy access equals close to 0 game animals.

Easy access means more hunters on public lands, over by me anyways.
I'd rather have it barren of hunters, than see an army of hunters.

Around here, all one need do is walk a little way; hunters get scarce right now. Public land is all i hunt. A person that walks, is rewarded in many different ways.

ronlaughlin said:
Around here, all one need do is walk a little way; hunters get scarce right now. Public land is all i hunt. A person that walks, is rewarded in many different ways.

That Rocky trail looks like it would be easier to walk than use a vehicle on. Would have to pick your spots to step of course, but that would not stop me from checking it out personally. Of course that would be until I tripped and fell and knocked a tooth out, then it would be time to turn around and rethink things. :)

Ouch, that would be awful. When one can walk faster, than one can drive, it is usually better to walk, but not always. Ouch, i keep thinking about falling and knocking out a tooth.

That reminds me of a rock garden in the National Forrest I hunt. I have to purposely place each foot to get in. The deer run through it like the rocks aren't there. It is really a sight.

Back