What is the difference between the Optima and the Acura?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So with there barrels are they all bergera ? Or just certain models. Was reading about the failures last night about them and traditions has got me wondering if they are still having these problems. Traditions feel cheap in the store will not own one.

jnordwell said:
So with there barrels are they all bergera ? Or just certain models. Was reading about the failures last night about them and traditions has got me wondering if they are still having these problems. Traditions feel cheap in the store will not own one.

All the tip-up rifles use gun barrel quality steel since 2010. They are not the extruded barrels of old, you were reading about.

As I understand it Bergara makes all the barrels, but only stamps their name on the Accura and Apex. Those barrels receive a special honing process, that the Optima and Wolf don't get. Nothing says that the Optima cannot shoot as good as the Accura, because I have seen it. I've got an Optima Pistol that can stack 'em in one ragged hole off the bench at 50 yards. I've seen a lot of rifles that can't do that.

Best factory triggers in mass production muzzleloaders today.

Contrary to what some here might think, They make the best sealing user friendly breech plugs on the mass produced production muzzleloader market today. And have since 2010. You just got to be smart enough to clean it periodically, and not drop it on the cement. Neither are hard to do, or limited to just CVA's.

Here is a first range session, over 5 years ago with my Optima Pistol. Note the breech plug, and 200gr Shockwave groups.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=20984&hilit=Optima+Pistol

Every Optima Ive had shot the regular 300 gr. xtp excellent with 100 gr. of pyrodex rs, also shot good with pellets but you cant use those.. the 300 gr. xtp is a excellent bullet even for Elk.

Does your state have a visual impairment waiver for non magnifying sights. Because I have presbyopia in MN my optometrist was able to certify me for a red dot scope.

Back