Impact scope mount

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firedawg60

Reaction score
I got my son an Impact for Christmas and am looking for input for scope mounts. I am looking at both DNZ and Talley Lightweight, but am unsure if I should get the extended eye relief version for either and would a low mount work for either. I would like to keep the scope as low as possible and still be able to get scope covers on the objective. The scope will either be a VX-1 3x9 or Revolution 3x9 as I already have both. I am open to other options as well to keep the scope as low as possible and to get the proper eye relief.

You will need to know the distance from the ring centerline to top of barrel. Should be able to find from the manufacturer. If that distance is greater than half the objective lens diameter including the bell housing you would be good to go. You can also go by 1/2 diameter of scope cover if so desired to include them. Willing to bet you will need medium. You might consider something like a 2-7 by 32.

My son's Impact with a Nikon Omega 3-9x40 scope, Warne Medium rings, TC scope base. This scope has 5 inches of eye relief which is nice for the kids, less chance of being kissed with the scope. I don't think low mounts would work with this scope.

IMG_8821_zps1q8indky.jpg

I also put a 3-9X40 scope on my Impact. Medium base, and provides just enough clearance for scope covers.

Latest posts

Back