knight bolt gun scope base.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bestill

MM Sponsor
MM Sponsor
Reaction score
So who would have interest in a premium quality picantinny one piece base mil-spec slot so any ring will fit. These would be stainless and 20 moa base specificly made for knight bolt guns.

As a knight owner we have a top quality rifle and 2 nd rate bases available.

Egw makes one im not impressed with at all. Knight has one for the 500 but wont sell publicly which blows my mind.

Who has interest?
Stainless?
Matte black steel?
0 moa?
20 moa?

Im looking to have several made and to keep cost reasonable really need to run one style

bestill said:
So who would have interest in a premium quality picantinny one piece base mil-spec slot so any ring will fit. These would be stainless and 20 moa base specificly made for knight bolt guns.

As a knight owner we have a top quality rifle and 2 nd rate bases available.

Egw makes one im not impressed with at all. Knight has one for the 500 but wont sell publicly which blows my mind.

Who has interest?
Stainless?
Matte black steel?
0 moa?
20 moa?

Im looking to have several made and to keep cost reasonable really need to run one style

I love the DNZ Mounts, I put them on everything.

I'd take one if it was "reasonable." Not sure what reasonable would be. Probably also more interested in a 0 moa at the moment.

Well for a top quality mount for a Remington700 say Murphy is 125
Stainless steel.

Egw aluminum about50

Id guess reasonable70-80
But truly don't know till run some numbers.

Im not a fan of dnz mounts .
I like quality detachable rings so i can remove scope if needed and reinstall without losing my zero.

45cal said:
Rem 700 doesn't fit Knight does it?
Knight is different from anything. A Rem 541 DOES NOT fit Knights layout (a 2 piece may, I dont know)
AND I have tried the EGW. they are bubblegum The extended cantilever looks nice, but is very weak, and unsupported.

I will add this. 10 years ago i didn't stress much over base and ring selection. But after the first custom gun and installing a Murphy Stainless base and seekins precision match rings. There was no lapping required fit was perfect. And i can remove scope anytime i want with detachable rings and reinstall slide forward in slots and tighten and poi is dead on.
After this setup most everything else is inferior.
I want this quality for my knight and try to make available for others.

Frustrates me that knight has a base but wont sell. Makes absolutely no since to me.

I think somewhere around $75 is about the top of what I could justify spending, give or take few dollars. And even that would have to wait a month or two until after Christmas and all that.
I had an EGW base for my Encore and I thought it was awesome when I saw it. Once I got it it seemed pretty cheap. There's definitely something to getting a decent mount on there.

At t his point in my life, I can't imagine ever needing a 20moa base. But who knows :D

Bestill, I agree... if the base is made by Knight, why do they not offer them for sale? :huh?: :huh?:

And fwiw, yes Squeeze... the two pc 541 bases do fit the Knights.

ATM i dont really need one but i would love to see one like mine in SS and 1-2 more slots in front of the front mounting hole. I also think it could be a tad shorter(thinner) than the Murphy base.

Currently i use Warnes steel bases and rings. They are not bad but do slightly limit your mounting options. I would like them a lot more if they had an additional slot and slightly taller/thicker. I like 1 piece but a better 2 piece would be right up my alley too.

Yes a chain is only good as it's weakest link,that being said, I wouldbe in for one when I do get my conversion done from you.I whant my 45 to shoot as best it can. I miss a black bear here in Pa. with my pro fx.the year before and I do not whant that happening again.

I do like very good quality bases and rings if there were better I my buy some. and it sucks knight has parts they can sale and will not unless you buy the gun.

Back