I have proof! You're not gonna believe it.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I missed the biggest buck I've ever seen last year. I blew a 40 yard dusk shot with a Lyman GPR.
I figured I'd never see him again.
Wrong!
In the February issue of the Pennsylvania Game News, they had a " Big buck trailcam " contest. Being a curious fellow, I wondered if any of these whopper bucks were from Lehigh county. One was. Picture 21. I looked at the buck and knew him right away! The picture, a night shot, was even taken in the small field where I missed him!
I should my wife and daughter the photo. Got no sympathy...
What the odds are of such a thing happening are beyond me. I'm just glad that 1: My miss was clean, and 2: I have proof he wasn't a " fish story", even though he got away.

That's pretty cool you saw a pic of him or is it more like salt in a fresh wound?
Post up that pic if you can. Those blown opportunities can haunt a guy. I blew a chance at a trophy when I was 12. Still makes me sick and my dad still gives me crap about it 24 years later.

Can't post the shot. The picture in the magazine is about 1×2 inches in size...
Yeah I was bummed about the miss. But it wasn't life or death for me ,as it was for him. I had my chance. And blew it.
Nobody heard anything about somebody getting a buck that size, so I hope he's still out and about.
No salt in the wound though. He was the first deer I've seen in that area since '06. However, this year, I will be packing one of my Black Diamonds. He will NOT be so fortunate...
Until then, that little picture is a treasure to me.

I had a similar experience years ago bow hunting. I hit him high. I searched for 2 days never found him. Then I moved my trail camera to another spot in the woods and about 2 weeks later he was on it with blood stain high on his back ,still alive. I was relieved. I think he was the smartest deer in the woods after that experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back