knight disc 45 breech plug

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr1445

Reaction score
i am looking at a disc extreme in 45 cal that comes setup for reds. i would like to switch over to a bare primer. can i use the bolt/breech plug kit for the 50. the breech plug knight lists for the bare primer bp says for all cal then [ 50 and 52 ]?

dr1445 said:
i am looking at a disc extreme in 45 cal that comes setup for reds. i would like to switch over to a bare primer. can i use the bolt/breech plug kit for the 50. the breech plug knight lists for the bare primer bp says for all cal then [ 50 and 52 ]?

Correct same kit for both if the bare primer outfit is not for a Mountaineer..

And actually - you really do not need the bolt - the bolt in the Extreme for a RPJ will work fine with a primer adapted and a bare primer breech plug - problem Knight does not sell the Adapter anymore - they only sell the new bolt and plug...

There is a guy on line that sill has the old Lehigh kits (adapter and breech plug - less the vent liner) that he sells for $30... Can not remember his email right now but can probably find it.

The bolt on top is a Extreme bolt with an adapter installed for bare primers.

3_Knightbolts.jpg

so the extreme is 1 in 30 twist, how would that handle the lee cast 45 200gr REAL bullet?

dr1445 said:
so the extreme is 1 in 30 twist, how would that handle the lee cast 45 200gr REAL bullet?

That bullet at that should not be a problem at all!

Actually with a lead bullet you could go much heavier

Back