Tool to load 209's in a Knight?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

03mossy

Reaction score
Having recently purchased my first Knight and looking it over while I mounted the scope on Friday I have some concerns. It's very difficult for my gorilla fingers to get the 209 primer in the bolt face. Is there some sort of tool or home made gizmo to make this easier. For my White I have a capper decapper for the no 11's and it makes it a breeze. Thinking there has to be something along those lines for 209's.

I just hold the gun muzzle up with the bolt open, its pretty much even with the rear of the action opening. the primer just slides in

A 6.5 mm box end ignition wrench works well. And grind o.d. allittle to fit in bolt nose

I do exactly as Squeeze describes. Made it much easier to load into the slot.

03mossy said:
Having recently purchased my first Knight and looking it over while I mounted the scope on Friday I have some concerns. It's very difficult for my gorilla fingers to get the 209 primer in the bolt face. Is there some sort of tool or home made gizmo to make this easier. For my White I have a capper decapper for the no 11's and it makes it a breeze. Thinking there has to be something along those lines for 209's.

Knight does offer an aid for loading 209 in the rails of the bolt.

209-Bare-Primer-Capper-M900035-Front-250x250.jpg

Link-

https://www.knightrifles.com/product-ca ... r-cappers/

Normally I do as has been suggested already holding the rifle near vertical with a tilt set the primer on the edge and push it in.

Something like this

Primer_Loading.jpg

Latest posts

Back