Tucker Buck w ML - New World Record

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

52Bore

Reaction score
My youngest son and I had the opportunity last weekend to spend the day with Stephen Tucker. The young man from TN who shot the new record Whitetail with a ML. Actually, it's the new record harvest for any weapon.
Stephen has agreed to support the NMLRA by attending the NRA convention in Atlanta with them. After spending nearly all day (a beautiful day) with Stephen talking hunting, lots of talk about muzzleloading and taking photos, I can't think of better young man to help promote ML.
Of the 100 photos or so, I thought I'd post a few good photos to this group. There are some other good ones that will be in a MuzzleBlast magazine article, the LongHunter Society record book and at the NRA Convention.

Maybe we can all wish that our upcoming 2017 season will look something like this. 47 points, B&C score of 312".

Attachments

• TB rifle.JPG
    TB rifle.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 577
  • TB view.JPG
    TB view.JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 577
Hal:
I was going to tag these photos to the post you made here in January about this harvest in TN. But, it looks like the post was deleted when the server upgrade took place.

Oh Man what a Buck!. :drool: :drool: :drool: Congrads to Him. :applause: I love all those stickers and drops.

Do you know what Rifle he used? Looks like an Elite.

52Bore said:
Hal:
I was going to tag these photos to the post you made here in January about this harvest in TN. But, it looks like the post was deleted when the server upgrade took place.

No problem...Thanks for posting. This buck was shot just 30-45 minutes north of where I live. And I believe, if I'm not mistaken, it was shot with a Knight DISC rifle.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-12 at 8.12.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-12 at 8.12.08 PM.png
    235.2 KB · Views: 533
  • Tucker Rifle.jpeg
    Tucker Rifle.jpeg
    80.9 KB · Views: 533
  • Screen Shot 2017-03-12 at 8.09.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-12 at 8.09.19 PM.png
    188.5 KB · Views: 533
GM54-120 said:
Cool deer but inquiring minds want to know......

What bullet was used?

I have not seen anything where he says what bullet or powder was used. The story got a ton of press here locally.

If I recall the story correctly, the first chance a the deer was a FTF. He had to come back the next day for a 2nd attempt.

This is coming from a Knight fan who has never had a FTF.

There is an article in the March American Hunter that said he saw it 3 times and his second sighting had the buck "too far away for a clean shot".

From the American Hunter March 2017

"""It’s not every day that someone gets
the opportunity to shoot a potential
world-record buck, let alone get three
chances in one hunting season.
Twenty-six-year-old Stephen Tucker
of Sumner County, Tenn., must have
carried a lucky deer charm in his pocket
last season, as he was able to connect on
a massive 47-point whitetail buck on his
third opportunity during muzzleloader
season. The buck officially scored 3123/8 inches as measured
by Boone & Crockett officials. It beats the previous state
record of 2443/8 inches (a buck also taken in Sumner County).
But that’s nothing: The Tucker buck also
beats the previous hunter-killed world
record, an Iowa deer that scored 3075/8
inches, though at press time it had yet to
be awarded the official No. 1 spot.
The first time Tucker spotted the
huge buck he was cursed with a misfire
that allowed the deer to escape. During
the hunter’s second sighting, the buck
was too far away for a clean shot. But
on his third sighting, Tucker got a chance at redemption
when the buck walked by his stand at 40 yards, providing
the shot he needed to down the giant non-typical.""""

Shawn, click the the link above for the full field and stream article.
This buck beat an Iowa deer, for points.
Hal, looking forward to your guiding services, do we start the day with country ham and grits?
World record by days end for sure!

Ha...I wish! I hunted once in Sumner County years ago on a private farm. We only saw does but plenty of buck sign. There have been some big bucks shot there in recent years. The local rumors are that lease property has gone out of sight there, if you could find any. The young man that shot this buck is a great guy and class act. The perfect example of a good upbringing and very humble.

Good deal 52. I'm happy for him, and its cool that its not from IA, IL, KS or Canada for a change. Seems like a regular joe... probably not super avid ML enthusiast is my guess (but I could be wrong). The great thing for him (and he might not even know yet) is that he just hit the deer lottery :lol: He'll have the chance to make the rounds giving lectures and advice in no time, if he wants to.

Powerbelt... it doesn't surprise me. They sell them things everywhere, and the unaware buyers just get em. Some stores near me, that is about all they have. When they are in bow range any old thing will do :mrgreen:

Glad it was a Knight, they are great rifles and could use some good press. :yeah:

Latest posts

Back