Combo for pro hunter fx 50 cal

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsawyer340

Reaction score
Picked up a t/c pro hunter fx 50 cal. Wondering what ya all have had luck with for sabot and powder. Will be primarily used for hunting white tails.

Although not an FX shooter, I've owned many Encore and Pro Hunter rifles. My preferred charge was 110grs volume BH209 and a Barnes 250gr TMZ with the supplied sabot. Some.... rifles may load to hard with the TMZ and if so, replace it with the T-EZ. Seat the bullet hard on the propellant.

I used to shoot a Triumph, and My experiences mirror those above. 100-110 grain Blackhorn, crush rib, or HPH 12 sabot, and typically something in the 250 grn range. I shot a lot of speer 260 JHP then This was also one of my few guns that seemed to favor a 250 grn over a 300. But, every gun seems to have its own personality, so mileage may vary.

Thanks for the input everyone. I'd always shot 150gr of triple7 with 250gr sst out of my omega. Everyone here seems to favor the BH209, I can't wait to give it a try.

Back