Older Lehigh bullets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have gathered from reading that the new Lehigh 185 GR. CF bullets are different from the Bloodlines. I'm curious about the older ones from before he contracted to Knight are they the same as the Bloodlines?

Hornet22savage said:
I have gathered from reading that the new Lehigh 185 GR. CF bullets are different from the Bloodlines. I'm curious about the older ones from before he contracted to Knight are they the same as the Bloodlines?

The older Lehigh designated a DOA are the same as the current Bloodlines or than the knurling instead of being slanted are now straight up and down. So if you have some of the original 185's they are basically Bloodlines.

These are built as Bloodlines

230FTa.jpg

These are the first Lehigh's - with slanted knurling lines

Lehigh_Variety.jpg

Hornet22savage said:
I will have to check the knurling. What exactly is different? If I choose to buy the new ones from Lehigh how will they perform?

The new 40x185's are a Controlled Fracture bullet and the petals have been broached so that it will open with less pressure or at a lower velocity.

lehigh-defense-400-controlled-fracturing-muzzleloader-185gr-bullet_medium.jpg

Because it opens easier it doe not seem to have the same forceful 'Terminal Performance" of the Bloodline. Don't get me wrong the bullet works but I really feel the Bloodline version to be a bit better.

Accuracy - really no noticeable difference.

Latest posts

Back