South African made inlines by Mkonto Manufacturing

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CraigK

Reaction score
We make a range of bespoke inlines that typically use # 11 or musket cap ignition though we also done 209 and 6.35 (.25 ACP) ignitions as well. Our firearm laws were (are) somewhat restricted hence our "plunger type" ignition. All our barrels are made from EN19 condition T (4140) and our breech plugs have a replaceable vent liner (flash hole). We manufacture our barrels in house using the button rifle method but we also have cut rifle capabilities). We can make barrels from .177 through to 4 bore and are toying with making a free punt guns mounted on a traditional punt and barrow as we can prove to the "powers that be" that they were used to hunt wild birds on the water and on land as cannons are a prohibited item....and a punt gun is not a cannon....Whilst we do small CNC runs on some components most are done on conventional machinery and the stocking, checkering, etc is done by hand.

These are a few photos of my personal inlines just to give you an idea....I apologize for the poor quality, they were just taken on the workshop floor with my mobile....the .32 was made because at the time my kids were young and I wanted a small "real" muzzleloader for them.

944c6df4ce64e5a6fecb01ad8cbe3716.jpg
5128cb48c4c013abf74f3cb90002090b.jpg
aa946cebfdd19d72797eb8bbf9ed17e9.jpg
b8e9396e78afd93d15cfc56b93f875b7.jpg
d891455d8fdca4c05cece50b8d34a13e.jpg

Some 4 bore "fun" with a Mkonto in-line [emoji12]....https://youtu.be/93oqez5i5Zk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And we make many different stock designs ....I just seem to have the classics in my safe....we do Monte Carlo style, thumb hole, etc, etc....we even do a handgun that is similar to a Remington XP 100

Re: South African made inlines by Mkonto Manufacturing

Interested in learning about the .32.... specs, options, pricing, availability in the US? :D

We are happy to export, I don't have an agent but I do have family there who may be interested / willing....but they are not firearm enthusiasts [emoji849]

Cost is from ZAR 13000.00 with our standard adjustable trigger and ZAR 14000.00 with a Timney type trigger ...that's around US $1300.00 to $1400.00 for a bespoke muzzleloader

Nice looking rifles CraigK. I was wondering what it would cost since it would need to be exported/imported.

What twist rifling do you use in the 32?

Thanks,

Two piece barrels? Or is that just a step down in the contour of the barrel near the tip of the forend?

The barrel is a stepped barrel in order to make it as light as possible and to simplify the inletting. We can do tapered barrels but they do tend to make stocking a little more challenging.

Twist on a .32 is 1:30 as it was designed for a conical but we make our own barrels and tooling so it is possible to make new tooling....we just need to be convinced that there will be enough demand to justify the tooling cost.

CraigK said:
Twist on a .32 is 1:30 as it was designed for a conical but we make our own barrels and tooling so it is possible to make new tooling....we just need to be convinced that there will be enough demand to justify the tooling cost.

This is very interesting as the standard twist over here was 1 in 48. 8)

Actually if you look though that other thread you will see we tried to get a major manufactured to build an inline with a 1 in 30 twist but seems our efforts have failed. A few of us have been building using a 1 in 30 twist but shooting patched Round Ball. It has been found they are less finicky in load over the more common (At least here in the states) 1 in 48 twist. It also lets us have good accuracy with light charges to keep the velocity down comparable to 22LR. We use them over here to hunt squirrels.

CraigK said:
We are happy to export, I don't have an agent but I do have family there who may be interested / willing....but they are not firearm enthusiasts [emoji849]

Cost is from ZAR 13000.00 with our standard adjustable trigger and ZAR 14000.00 with a Timney type trigger ...that's around US $1300.00 to $1400.00 for a bespoke muzzleloader

Thanks for sharing CraigK! I was afraid the shipping would be really high as well. Never hurts to ask...

I'm not sure about the shipping of a muzzleloader(s) I will get my people to look into it. I may well be able to send a few to my brother or cousin to distribute. Do muzzleloaders need a US import permit ? If there are any dealers / importers on the forum perhaps they could comment.

Greg:

Our forum policy is that a member has to have 25 posts in order to post in the Classified section. This thread is borderline crossing that policy by posting sales information in the Inline Section. So...Please work on getting your post count up to 25 and then we can post sales info in the correct forum.

Thanks, Hal

Muzzleloaders are not conciderd a firearm by the FTA so unless the state you want to ship to has a law that says you need to ship to a dealer you should be good to go

Thank you for drawing my attention to the 25 post requirement as well as all the other comments and information.

CraigK said:
Thank you for drawing my attention to the 25 post requirement as well as all the other comments and information.

Thanks for understanding...I am not trying to putt a damper on what you bring to the forum we have had several instances where people joined the forum just to sell and it turned out bad and we are trying to protect our members. I am sure that you have a lot of info that you can share that would get your post count up.

Hal

I understand ....besides rules are rules and they make things work as intended.

Regards

Craig

Back