Trim Knight Stock

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rugerbh103

Reaction score
I have a Knight LK-93. It is the old style thumbhole stock with no recoil pad. I would like to trim the stock length and install a recoil pad on it for one of my daughters to hunt with? Has anyone done this? Anything I should be aware of? Trying to decide between cutting it or buying a youth Littlehorn stock from Knight. I'm pretty cheap so if I can easily save a hundred dollars I'd like to.

I cut the stock on my wife's traditions hollow plastic stock I cut it down cut a wood block to fit then filled it with foam put the wood block in then once it dried I screwed the butt pad on and sanded it to fit. The new couture of the stock. Honestly if it had been as easy as throw a little horn stock on her rifle I'd have done it in a heart beat.

i did my LK 93 the same way .. the factor recoil pad on the stock dont help with the recoil.. take your time with the fitting off the recoil pad .. mine turned out good if i say so myself... WORM

It looks like I'll need a new stock. Forgot the youngest is left handed. The thumb hole stock won't work for her. Anyone seen any of the old youth length stocks for sale?

You can pick up the boat paddle stocks cheap on ebay, and they aren't thumbhole so will work for her.
Then sell your thumbhole to offset the cost... :yeah:

Can you reduce the length of pull on those? Doesn't look like there is a lot to work with. I'd like to get it down around 13 inches.

There is a little room, but I can't say for sure if there is enough to do what you want.
I also see the standard style stocks on ebay alot as well .. usually less than $50-$60. Once in a while I see a youth stock show up, that would be perfect if you could happen upon one of them.

Back