40 cal knight custom

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bestill

MM Sponsor
MM Sponsor
Reaction score
knight custom
Just completed a custom knight 40 cal with a shilen .392/.400 barrel 28" this build was very involved but end result was worth it.
Completely rebuilt bolt and ignition system to utilize arrowhead new hybrid/omega ignition system. Bolt nose will be different on new production.
Bedded action and floated barrel and reworked factory ramrod to use in 40.
Im sure customer will proof this build soon.
Factory 209 bolt left new lrmp system right

Very cool!!!

I would love something like this but based on a 405Win barrel to shoot 300gr sabotless and heavy conicals. All the 405 barrels i can find though are 1-13 or 1-14 twist which is just a tad faster than i would prefer.

GM54-120 said:
Very cool!!!

I would love something like this but based on a 405Win barrel to shoot 300gr sabotless and heavy conicals. All the 405 barrels i can find though are 1-13 or 1-14 twist which is just a tad faster than i would prefer.

Several custom barrel makers will build barrel with twist of choice

Is the distance from the primer to the powder shorter on the ASG LRMP plug vs the 209 plug? Awesome work!

That is cool. How does those Modules seal in the BP? Does the larger OD seal against the face of the plug or does the smaller diameter part seal down in the pocket?

SCHUNTER said:
Is the distance from the primer to the powder shorter on the ASG LRMP plug vs the 209 plug? Awesome work!
Same distance but smaller flame channel and short bushing with. 035 hole

ShawnT said:
That is cool. How does those Modules seal in the BP? Does the larger OD seal against the face of the plug or does the smaller diameter part seal down in the pocket?
Small diameter goes into taper pocket and brass fire forms like a cartridge

Looks good.
Have you ever seen the sealed ignition of the slug guns?

Back