Remington 700

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A couple of questions. Is there any advantage to the Bell and Carlson synthetic stock over the laminate stock? Is it just a matter of personal preference? What tool(s) would I need to buy to reprime the cases? Any info would be appreciated. What would be a good price on an Omega in good shape. A friend is going to an auction today where there will be two(2).

To be clear, you are asking about the current offering from Remington (the ultimate)? Not the 700 ML (produced in the late 90s till mid 2000's).

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

BadgerRidge said:
To be clear, you are asking about the current offering from Remington (the ultimate)? Not the 700 ML (produced in the late 90s till mid 2000's).

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Yes you are correct. Sorry for confusion.

The Rem Ult laminate sure looks a lot like a Boyds so....Get the B&C stock Ult. Its cheap enough to order a Boyds later and add pillars to it. The B&C stock would cost you way more to upgrade to it.

rangerod said:
A couple of questions. Is there any advantage to the Bell and Carlson synthetic stock over the laminate stock? Is it just a matter of personal preference? What tool(s) would I need to buy to reprime the cases? Any info would be appreciated. What would be a good price on an Omega in good shape. A friend is going to an auction today where there will be two(2).

You will need a tool to deprime the brass and a tool to seat the new primer in the brass. They make tools for both operations.

Examples:
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/220617 ... rimer-tool

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/329291 ... iming-tool

The laminate stock model is equipped with open sights the b&c isn't . if you shop around on internet you can find good prices on the cases some sell them for under 20.00 a bag. its very easy to deprime fired cases and re prime them. my rum shoots very well I also had a very good gunsmith install a muzzlebrake. long range sessions with heavy loads belting me around are a bit tiring. everyone has their own recoil tolerance levels though and with lower than max loads its very pleasant to shoot. good luck and good shooting. guy

Back