New to me Omega

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My old Omega loves 100gr 209 and 250gr SST. Shoots damn near same hole at 100 and about 2inches at 200. Trying to get it to shoot the 300gr SST's but haven't found a charge it likes yet. Great rifles.

My omega really likes 77 gr. weighed (110 gr. volume) Bh209 and just about any bullet you put in front of it. I use the Hornady FTX .430 265 gr. bullet and a Harvester green sabot. It loves the 250 gr. Shockwave and a Harvester short black sabot as well as the .452 300 gr. Speer deep curl with the Harvester short black sabot. I am currently hunting with the Speer bullet combination. I'm sure one these loads would be a great start for you.

What's a fair price for a used z5 in good condition? Basically like new.

Sorry for the hi-jack.

I saw one advertised for $250. Black/blue and clean looking. Caliber unknown at this point. I know the seller and pretty much trust him but I want a 45 and I suspect this one to be a 50. If it is a 50 any anyone is interested I can post a link to the sale page.

For my Omega (an X7), 110gr (volume) of BH209 seemed to be the sweet spot for 240, 250 and 300 grain bullets (either XTPs or GoldDot/DeepCurls). 90gr of BH209 for the 350gr FPB Conicals.

OMG, I just bought one of these as well. :yeah:
I haven't shot it yet but will mounting the same Nikon scope.
I bought out a clearance sale lot of Hornady XTP 240gr .44/sabot packs at a LGS and have tons of Pyro RS & T777.

Sgt. Recoil said:
OMG, I just bought one of these as well. :yeah:
I haven't shot it yet but will mounting the same Nikon scope.
I bought out a clearance sale lot of Hornady XTP 240gr .44/sabot packs at a LGS and have tons of Pyro RS & T777.

Sweet. Ive only had mine out once so far and was happy with how it shot. Shot the .452 250 grn xtp. Next time out with the 300 grn.

Back