32 inline build range report

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pupsdad

Reaction score
Finally made it out to the gun club. My plan was shoot a knight 45 and just test the 32 for function . I set up around 80 yards, grabbed the powder flask and found it very light. So I started lobbing 32 balls down range at 80 yards. Got it on paper shoots slick as can be. Doesn't foul to bad I shot maybe 12 times the last shot loaded just like the second. Load was 10 gr pyrodex .311 balls I cast real fast so I could shoot it. I didn't sort any out I poured and through them in my shooting box. Three shots had it hitting close to aim but this is 80 yards I'm kind of lobbing them in. Some small breezes really moves this thing at this range. Photos are rifle, target, one shot close to a bull.
I ran out of powder but this thing is a blast. I can see this as an every day at the club gun. Loads great needs a better scope and load development at a realistic range.

Attachments

• IMAG0420-819x608.jpg
    IMAG0420-819x608.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 351
  • IMAG0421-819x608.jpg
    IMAG0421-819x608.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 351
  • IMAG0422-819x608.jpg
    IMAG0422-819x608.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 351
Breech plug seals real well but more blow back from the nipple then I'd like. I'm building a second breech plug with a smaller hole for the flash to travel down. See if that decreases it some with out loosing the good ignition I'm getting.

Way to Go. The small calibers are just plain fun. :D 80 yards is a bit of a poke for one especially with only 10gn of powder. :wink: The wind does move them around some too. I think you are really going to enjoy that rifle. Even more so since you built it all the way yourself! :yeah:

What patching are you using and how tight do the balls start? Do you use a short starter or just by thumb?

Great Job on the build!

I plan on building a starter. The patch I'm using is only .01 not real tight to start I was using my thumb. Next time I'll have enough powder to shoot more. I plan on working up from 10 gr see how the patch holds up have some thicker patch with and just see how it goes I'll post a group shot at 50 next time.

Finally got some range time for the 32.
First shot shot clean bore drilled the target, second just high, next 4 ragged hole. .02 patch .311 balls I poured and 16 gr pyrodex. 25 yards.

Attachments

• IMAG0472-819x608.jpg
    IMAG0472-819x608.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 199
  • IMAG0473-1024x760.jpg
    IMAG0473-1024x760.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 199
Good shooting. Looks like the way a 1 in 30 will shoot! :yeah: I'll bet it only gets better after you shoot more.

I use about 18 to 20gn in mine at 50, but have shot good with 10gn. I forgot what my pillow tick is but my Oregon needs .315 rb's. I am hopping to get mine out soon, maybe Sunday. I sort of buggered up my trigger, well actually the safety lever, on my Ridgerunner and hope to have that resolved Friday. Hope all the hurricanes go away. Been lots of wind here and today got in the upper 80*'s :(

Mine does best with 15 grns.
Finally our squirrel season opens on saturday. We have to go visit my daughter at college, but I'll be out there on Monday!

Looks good. A little more tweaking and shooting hopefully will put them all in a group..
My daughters .32 is slowly coming back together.

Nice shooting Pupsdad. I have two .32’s that I had relined and I wouldn’t part with them. They are a pleasure to shoot.
Ant wait to see further results.
Magnum

Latest posts

Back