Bullet Recommendations for CVA Accura

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluedevil

Reaction score
Hey there,

Just looking for bullet recommendations for a CVA Accura. I purchased one brand new yesterday and need to hit the range. I currently run a TC Omega using 77gr (weight) of Blackhorn 209, 290gr Barnes TEZ, Federal 209A shotshell primer. Just wondering if anyone has good results with the Barnes TEZ in their CVA I had a stockpile of TEZ's that I got on sale a few years ago that I wouldn't mind using but if there is a better Barnes bullet that will give me better groups I'm open to options. Thanks!

Shooting a Thompson center FX in 50 cal. Ive had some good luck with 90 grains blackpowder and the hornady FPB 350 gr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ditto on the Barnes 290 gr T-EZ bullet with 2 pellets of T7. This was recommended to me by Carlos, at Ed's Gun Shop, who is the BP rifle guru.
IMG_2743.jpg

Thanks for the replies so far everyone muchly appreciated. I'm going to tweak a Blackhorn 209 load with the 290gr TEZ, this will be used for both Moose and Mule Deer this fall. I got drawn for an Antlerless Moose and an either-sex Mule deer tag.

That is a proven setup.
To take it a final step get some primer pocket shims to obtain .003 to .005 primer crush and your ready to go.

What is that combo pack in your pic? I can't make out the small writing.

My Accura feeds real well on XTP, .429, 300 grain in a green sabot. I have crush ribs [both green and black] on the way to play with soon. The 45 cal 300 grain shoots almost as tight group-wise too but I favor the 44 cal. Both bullets run on weighed 77 grains of 209.

Latest posts

Back