Friendship success stories

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dougs136Schwartz

Reaction score
I wanted to post some positive things that happened to me last weekend .

I got up at 3 00 am on Friday and drove down to Friendship to finish my IH match . I shot my 200 yard paper target first then moved to shoot the silhouette chickens at 200 meters and pigs at 300 meters . I was going to try to shoot the silhouettes by myself with no spotter. While i was setting up Jeff Fisk stopped by . Mind you Jeff is some of my most fierce competition. He offered to spot for me . He made shooting those chickens and pigs easy ! I had complete trust in Jeff all i did was dial and shoot . The more im around this guy the more i respect him .

The next thing that happened was while i was shooting the pigs i saw a guy watching me . I asked him if he would like to shoot my gun at one of those pigs . He accepted and to his amazement knocked one over. He was grinning ear to ear . I then asked him if he would like to shoot the gun in the match the following day . I told him i had plenty of powder and bullets . ( i brought extra planning on trying to shoot the creedmore and animal agg) He told me no that he couldnt do that he would feel bad shooting all my bullets and powder. So i left while driving i kept thinking how a guy named Rob helped me get started the year before . I turned the truck around , found the guy and insisted on him meeting me at 6:30 in the morning. I told him i would provide everything he just needed to show up . The next morning at 6 am i get a text from Jeff Fisk . He tells me that if i would help the guy shoot the match he would donate the bullets ! Wow we were thinking along the same lines i told Jeff i already had it handled but appreciated the offer . The next morning Bob Wetzle and I spent the entire day with Jason shooting this match . This young man was so excited and appreciative that i cant even explain . That felt right and good . I won the IH match but i wouldnt trade watching this young man shoot for any win! I truley mean that. .

Now im trying to put together a Knight Mountaineer for Jason to have for his own . We have a new shooter and a good one at that . This is the kind of things we need to focus on . You just cant replace these things with a metal or a chunk of plastic .

Friendship is a awsome place to meet new friends . Im still new to all of this . Last year in June was my first match . I have yet to find anyone that was not willing to help . I very much appreciate what the NMLRA is trying to do for ALL shooters . If there is anything i can do to help in any way please contact me .

Your a straight up guy doug.
Glad to call you my friend.
This is what its all about

you are right Doug, I enjoyed watching him also and he is a contender

Doug, your experiences have been played over and over at Friendship - it's a good thing. It doesn't matter what range you are on, anyone who shows interest will be invited to shoot.
I caught this photo of Hoppy spotting for Jeff late one afternoon. Shared it with some LR guys that weren't there this time as I had many comments on the reduced noice level on the line.

Attachments

• NMLRA LR Jeff Hoppy.JPG
    NMLRA LR Jeff Hoppy.JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 266
I very much believe that .EVERYONE means well and thier heart is in the right place . We just loose sight of what is really important . Friendship is just that a place to meet and greet friends . I plan on attending Friendship for years to come and hope to help it grow any way i can .

Another thing about Friendship is the people you meet - you just never know.. This time is was meeting past NRA President David Keene and then ending up sitting beside him at dinner on Saturday evening.
Most interesting point...
1- The POTUS has the ability to appoint nearly 3000 people - changing the course of the country.

Anyone know the state with the most NRA members?
How about the state that issues the most hunting license?

Wow! I can't stop reading Dougs original post,man it brings tears to my eyes. NICE PEOPLE RULE!!!!! You guys show that there is still goodness left in this world. God Bless you!!!! The only way it could be better is if you came home with puppies!!!!! They sure got the name right "Friendship " I feel honored to be on the same forum as you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back